Sonic Electronix

Does having 2 subs facing each create any problems?

I was thinking about buying another kicker TRTP 12 and having them face each other. I can't face the one I have downward because the floor panel vibrates too bad so I have it facing up and am considering having another rest on top of that facing down. Will this create any cancellation issues or anything like that?

18 minutes ago, omnibus said:

I was thinking about buying another kicker TRTP 12 and having them face each other. I can't face the one I have downward because the floor panel vibrates too bad so I have it facing up and am considering having another rest on top of that facing down. Will this create any cancellation issues or anything like that?

You can look into making an isobaric chamber. Those enclosures are designed to have the subs facing each other as close as possible

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

22 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

You can look into making an isobaric chamber. Those enclosures are designed to have the subs facing each other as close as possible

Right but I was just curious about this specific arrangement. Besides the TRTP has a Passive Radiator and an isobaric is a completely different type of thing.

53 minutes ago, omnibus said:

No problem. Should be fine. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived