Second Skin Audio

Sub Suggestions for 5K watts

DROOPY86

I have a Soundqubed s1-2250 with another one on the way. So I'm going to have around 5k watts @ 2 ohms strapped. My budget is $600 - $750.  I don't know if I should get one sub now that can handle more power, and then get a 2nd in the future. Or if i should go ahead and just get 2 lower rated subs. Would 2 subs be louder than 1 on the same power? I have room for a 5 cu. ft enclosure.  I am wanting to be around 30-33hz. I had a bunch of recommendations for 2 Stereo Integrity SQL-12s but haven't seen how they would do with that power and low tuning. They look nice just had never heard of them and wanted some more opinions.  Any recommendations would be appreciated. These are some of the subs I've been looking at.

Single Subs
Sundown Xv.3 12- $620
Sundown Z v5 12- $790
Deaf bonce 3012r - $520
Deaf bonce 3512r - $750

Dual Subs
Skar ZVX 12 - $380 ea.
Sundown SA v2 - $330 ea.

TORO Force 12S - $350 ea.

Stereo Integrity SQL-12 - $350 ea.

Also could go with 4 Soundqubed HDS 3.2 10s

So, here's my 2 cents on this. Plan for the future, and it'll save you a ton of money later. If you're planning on buying 2 more amps in the future, I'd go with 1 big 5k sub. 

To your other question though, 2 subs are usually louder than 1 on the same power, assuming the enclosure are optimal for each scenario. Your enclosure is key, but after that, cone area rules.

You could go 1 huge 5k sub, but 2 more amps in the future, and go another big 5k sub..... or if you have the room, 2 2500 watt subs now, another 2 amps in the future, then 2 more 2500 watt subs. Assuming you'd have the air space to give up

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Out of that list, off those 2 amps, I'd go Sundown. Though I think 2 of those SoundQubed S1-2250's strapped is still too much for any of those subs to handle, unless you run each separate at 2 ohm. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived