XS Power

So xs recommends no more than 14.4 volts on a d3400, i recently got a high output alternator and it outs out 14.84 cold and 14.65 after a 20 minute drive.

Will 14.65 destroy the battery ? Or will the computer in my f150 2002 regulate the voltage over time ? I had disconnected the battery so everything reset in the truck.

If it is too much will I need to get the 16v version ?

2 hours ago, Angel Galvan said:

So xs recommends no more than 14.4 volts on a d3400, i recently got a high output alternator and it outs out 14.84 cold and 14.65 after a 20 minute drive.

Will 14.65 destroy the battery ? Or will the computer in my f150 2002 regulate the voltage over time ? I had disconnected the battery so everything reset in the truck.

If it is too much will I need to get the 16v version ?

You shouldn't have any problems. My alternator can jump up to 15.3 at times with no issue when I ran AGM batteries. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

32 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

You shouldn't have any problems. My alternator can jump up to 15.3 at times with no issue when I ran AGM batteries. 

I appreciate it, idk if you remember but I was asking help for a taramps hd 3k i used to have lmao. I finally got my electrical right and boy I have noticed a good difference. I sold that amp got the smart 3 just sold it a few days ago and got the smart 3 bass from taramps. Added a 12 so now I have 2 12s Skar Vxf want to run them on .5 ohms.

1 hour ago, Angel Galvan said:

I appreciate it, idk if you remember but I was asking help for a taramps hd 3k i used to have lmao. I finally got my electrical right and boy I have noticed a good difference. I sold that amp got the smart 3 just sold it a few days ago and got the smart 3 bass from taramps. Added a 12 so now I have 2 12s Skar Vxf want to run them on .5 ohms.

You'll be slapping then! Have you noticed a diffrence between the smart 3 and the smart 3 bass? 

7 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

You'll be slapping then! Have you noticed a diffrence between the smart 3 and the smart 3 bass? 

When I had the Smart 3 I only had 1 12 and only had the xs battery stock alt. So I never actually fully tilted it but it never got hot me. Today i'm just waiting for the carpet for the subwoofer box for 2 12s. No subs hooked up yet. Gonna be posting on tiktok lmao I have a few videos there of my single 12. @A_F_YT_ on tiktok

16 minutes ago, Angel Galvan said:

When I had the Smart 3 I only had 1 12 and only had the xs battery stock alt. So I never actually fully tilted it but it never got hot me. Today i'm just waiting for the carpet for the subwoofer box for 2 12s. No subs hooked up yet. Gonna be posting on tiktok lmao I have a few videos there of my single 12. @A_F_YT_ on tiktok

I'm an old fucker, I don't mess with tik-tok 🤣

Edited by Dafaseles
  • Haha (+1 Rep) 1

On 9/1/2021 at 4:09 PM, Dafaseles said:

I'm an old fucker, I don't mess with tik-tok 🤣

So got it hooked up and it's banging. I don't think the 320a alt was enough for my Taramps smart 3 bass tho unless it's cause it's wired to .5 ohms. My 150a fuse hasn't even popped how does that work. Anyways I'm clipping does an extra battery help or extra batteries only good for when the vehicle is off ?

Well, yeah. With a single smart 3, and that 320 alternator, I would run 2 80ah or more AGM's (or a decent lithium). Regardless of how many ohms you have the subs set to. Those amps are power hungry. 

The fuses are only to keep the amplifier from receiving too much current. If your voltage is dropping, then your not supplying the amplifier with enough current. So no, the fuses wouldn't blow. 

Absolutely more electrical will help with clipping. Basically the amplifier is trying to produce "3000 watts", but it doesn't have the power to make it. So it's still trying, but not able to, so it ends up clipping or trying to exceed its electrical capabilites. 

Also, what size wire do you have going into the smart 3? The manual says 4 awg, but a lot of things I've read says that amp still needs 1/0. 

I got 160a alt with 1 76 ah and a 80 ah battery on a 3500 sia no clipping staying in the 14's 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt