XS Power

15 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Well, yeah. With a single smart 3, and that 320 alternator, I would run 2 80ah or more AGM's (or a decent lithium). Regardless of how many ohms you have the subs set to. Those amps are power hungry. 

The fuses are only to keep the amplifier from receiving too much current. If your voltage is dropping, then your not supplying the amplifier with enough current. So no, the fuses wouldn't blow. 

Absolutely more electrical will help with clipping. Basically the amplifier is trying to produce "3000 watts", but it doesn't have the power to make it. So it's still trying, but not able to, so it ends up clipping or trying to exceed its electrical capabilites. 

Also, what size wire do you have going into the smart 3? The manual says 4 awg, but a lot of things I've read says that amp still needs 1/0. 

Ah okay the thing is that people keep saying batteries start to kick in if the voltage drops at whatever the batteries voltage is 12.9 for example. So they say that they don't really help only for having the vehicle off with stereo on. UNLESS battery's help supply more current then. I have it on some skyhigh 0 gauge CCA. Welding wire for the big 3. I was looking at the 15ah lithium that supposed is 1.5x a regular agm. BUT I'll most likely go ahead and get another d3400 to see if it helps.

Well, batteries will also help the alternator hold the voltage as well. The electricity is coming from wherever the amplifiers can pull it from. 

I should have asked you this before, but what voltage are you dipping to? Really, if it's not under 12 volts, it's not really anything to worry about and you're clipping for a different reason. 

And I'd change that CCA stuff out to OFC or welding wire. Watching some comparison videos on YouTube, CCA doesn't transfer voltage anywhere near as well as pure copper or OFC. Just remember, if you go welding cable, to up the size. 1/0 OFC car audio cable is about the same size as 2/0 welding cable

Edited by Dafaseles

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

My sfb 1500 would clip when I hit 13.4v 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Just a blinking clip every time I hit 13.4 and it's rated at 1750 at 1 ohm I only had the gain around 38.1 ac v

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

5 minutes ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Just a blinking clip every time I hit 13.4 and it's rated at 1750 at 1 ohm I only had the gain around 38.1 ac v

A little blink here and there isn't anything to worry about. It's just a soft clip. The voice coil can usually dissipate that extra heat pretty quickly. The more it happens, the more worried you should be though

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I adjusted the amp so it didn't happen anymore I just turned the bass know down till it stopped but I don't use that anymore I upgraded to the sia 3500

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt