*NEED HELP* Wiring/electrical system for 5,000 watt build.

I recently purchased an Apex 350 amp High OutPut Alternator. 2 ZVX-15V2 | 15" and a SKV2-4500.1D amplifier to power the 2 15" subwoofers. My mids/highs is 2 NPX65 | 6.5" 300 WATT MID-RANGE LOUDSPEAKER and 2 VX35-ST | 3.5" HIGH COMPRESSION TITANIUM BULLET TWEETERS. The amplifier powering my mids and highs is the RP-150.4ABM | 1,000 WATT 4-CHANNEL MARINE AMPLIFIER. Im very new to wiring, batteries, etc. My question is what kind of batteries should I use and how many. My second question is also what size wire should I use from my hood battery to my trunk battery(s)? 2/0 ofc or 4/0 ofc? I have many more questions on this topic but don't want to make everyone helping me out read a book lol. 

If you use AGM batteries, I'd use 2 extra, high amp hour batteries along with your battery under the hood. The more amp hours (ah) the better. 

Now, what I would do is go with a single lithium battery. You can't put it under the hood, but that's not a big deal to do a battery delete. Also it'll take up less space in the back than the 2 extra AGM batteries. But that's your choice. 

So, 1/0 OFC is good for about 350 amps at 20'. 2/0 is usually good for about 400 amps at 20', and 4/0 is usually good for about 600 amps (I think. I don't exactly remember about the 4/0 off the top of my head). That being said, 2 runs of 1/0 would probably yield you the most efficient electrical transfer that you would need. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Agreed or throw a good agm under the hood and a real good agm in the trunk remember how ever many or however big positive wires you use you have to at least match that with grounds so 2 runs of 1/0 pos you also need 2 runs of 1/0 ground

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Kicker ofc rca's 

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

10 ga knukoncept speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown sa v2 d4's in parallel 

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

10 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

If you use AGM batteries, I'd use 2 extra, high amp hour batteries along with your battery under the hood. The more amp hours (ah) the better. 

Now, what I would do is go with a single lithium battery. You can't put it under the hood, but that's not a big deal to do a battery delete. Also it'll take up less space in the back than the 2 extra AGM batteries. But that's your choice. 

So, 1/0 OFC is good for about 350 amps at 20'. 2/0 is usually good for about 400 amps at 20', and 4/0 is usually good for about 600 amps (I think. I don't exactly remember about the 4/0 off the top of my head). That being said, 2 runs of 1/0 would probably yield you the most efficient electrical transfer that you would need. 

Whats your opinion on yinlong banks? If I were to go with lithium I would get 1 bank of yinlongs. It can hold around 8k watts (idk if I need 2 or 1 banks but I believe 1 is enough). Also how would you wire a battery delete, very confused on that whole concept. 

23 minutes ago, TaylorB said:

Whats your opinion on yinlong banks? If I were to go with lithium I would get 1 bank of yinlongs. It can hold around 8k watts (idk if I need 2 or 1 banks but I believe 1 is enough). Also how would you wire a battery delete, very confused on that whole concept. 

I was a little nervous about the battery delete as well. In reality, it's too simple! All I did was secure a board to the stock battery location, I got a Sky High Car Audio machined battery terminal, bolted that to the board (making sure no metal from the bolt was touching any metal under the board) and attached the stock electrical up like it was a battery. I have a 370 amp alternator, so I did 2 runs of 1/0 OFC from the alternator, to the battery delete terminal, then 2 runs from that terminal back to the lithium (also with the proper fusing). Easy. They also have battery delete kits and empty battery boxes you can purchase as well. They look cool, but I didn't see a need for my build. 

I've heard nothing but good things about ying longs. Go for it I say. Try one bank, and if it doesn't work well enough, you can always add another. 

41 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I was a little nervous about the battery delete as well. In reality, it's too simple! All I did was secure a board to the stock battery location, I got a Sky High Car Audio machined battery terminal, bolted that to the board (making sure no metal from the bolt was touching any metal under the board) and attached the stock electrical up like it was a battery. I have a 370 amp alternator, so I did 2 runs of 1/0 OFC from the alternator, to the battery delete terminal, then 2 runs from that terminal back to the lithium (also with the proper fusing). Easy. They also have battery delete kits and empty battery boxes you can purchase as well. They look cool, but I didn't see a need for my build. 

I've heard nothing but good things about ying longs. Go for it I say. Try one bank, and if it doesn't work well enough, you can always add another. 

Thanks so much for the help! Last question why 2 runs of 1/0 and not 1 run of 2/0? 

Also if I did 1 run of 2/0, it would be 1 2/0 positive and 1 2/0 negative correct?

2/0 is only 400a and 2 runs of 1/0 is 700a and correct match how many or how big to the pos and neg if anything more neg than pos

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Kicker ofc rca's 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

So if u do 2 runs of 1/0 positive you need at least 2 runs same size for negative or maybe even 3 runs of negative won't hurt

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Kicker ofc rca's 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Yeah, I was just talking positive and negative separately. So yeah, 1 or 2 runs of positive, 1 or 2 runs of negative. 

The reason I said 2 runs of 1/0 is that gives you about 700 amps that can be transferred between alternator and battery(s). 1 2/0 will only give you about 400 amps. That alternator has the potential to give out more than 350 amps. I don't know how they rate their alternators, but maybe even the potential for more than 400 amps. With 700 amps, you'll never have to worry about your wires heating up. Also, if you upgrade, you won't need more cable, or just add another 1/0. That's my opinion on it anyway. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Without ground u don't have power

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Kicker ofc rca's 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run