*NEED HELP* Wiring/electrical system for 5,000 watt build.

3 minutes ago, Never Enough Bass said:

I think u can only squeeze maybe a 2 gauge threw it all cars have voltage regulators but the 1 that is the problem is the 1 with the ring

So what's the problem with it what does it do if the wires are going through the ring? 

That ring isn't the only type of voltage regulator. Some cars it's internal in the CPU. Different car makers do different things. 

Some, like in the case of my truck, it's the ring in between the battery ground, and the engine block ground (so I can't ground anything to the frame or chassis). That's one of the easiest to deal with, though still a pain in the butt. 

Your truck is a real specialty vehicle. I'm sure there are forums and Facebook groups dedicated to your truck. The folks on those forums know that truck inside and out. If you go to one of those, someone will be able to tell you if it actually has one, and how to work around it. Also, whomever made your alternator should be able to point you in the right direction as well. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

12 minutes ago, TaylorB said:

So what's the problem with it what does it do if the wires are going through the ring? 

Voltage fluctuations can't hold a constant voltage may drop down below 12 might go over 16 things u don't want but I looked a little bit about the fj and no one says anything about having this voltage clamp so u should be good

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Kicker ofc rca's 

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

10 ga knukoncept speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown sa v2 d4's in parallel 

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Just Google fj big 3 for the most part and it'll take u to a forum

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Kicker ofc rca's 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

35 minutes ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Voltage fluctuations can't hold a constant voltage may drop down below 12 might go over 16 things u don't want but I looked a little bit about the fj and no one says anything about having this voltage clamp so u should be good

Did you research 2008 fj cruiser voltage clamp? Newer models might not have it.. not sure. I appreciate your help on this.

Yea I just googled big 3 on fj cruiser and no said anything about voltage regulator or anything like @Dafaselessaid whoever you buy the alternator from should send u the instructions with it or whatever your gonna need to install cause all ho alts need the big 3 done

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Kicker ofc rca's 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt