Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Fucking pandemic nobody wants to work everyone is short staffed

To be fair, I've never had stellar experiences with the big box stores here where I live, even well before the pandemic.  It's your classic scenario where that time you actually need to ask somebody something (like getting a key cut or paint mixed) the employees actively avoid/run from you.  Just part of the "competitive" race to the bottom from a customer service standpoint.

Good news is, it makes differentiating your business pretty easy.  All you have to do is not be a d!ck and try to help people out and all of the sudden you are a customer service super-hero LoL.

15 minutes ago, Arthur79 said:

To be fair, I've never had stellar experiences with the big box stores here where I live, even well before the pandemic.  It's your classic scenario where that time you actually need to ask somebody something (like getting a key cut or paint mixed) the employees actively avoid/run from you.  Just part of the "competitive" race to the bottom from a customer service standpoint.

Good news is, it makes differentiating your business pretty easy.  All you have to do is not be a d!ck and try to help people out and all of the sudden you are a customer service super-hero LoL.

Yea we got that here to but not at all stores that's why I go to the 1 I go to cause the pretty much all know me I been going there for years with my uncles construction company

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

That's cool.  Don't get me wrong, there are the occasional helpful people here and there.  Mostly retired plumbers or electricians that work at the home store because their bored.  But for every one of those there are at least a dozen people who don't know, don't want to know, don't care and spend more time, effort and energy trying to not work than it would take to just do their job.

I guess I'm slowly turning into the old man standing on the porch yelling 'git off my lawn you dern kids!' LoL

I'm slowly finding suppliers that don't suck, but they are all in the metro (minimum hour drive, usually more from me).  Still - it's worth figuring out my schedule to pull the trailer there and deal with people who know your name and carry actual not-$hit materials than it is fighting my way through the home store to pay too much for crap.

6 minutes ago, Arthur79 said:

That's cool.  Don't get me wrong, there are the occasional helpful people here and there.  Mostly retired plumbers or electricians that work at the home store because their bored.  But for every one of those there are at least a dozen people who don't know, don't want to know, don't care and spend more time, effort and energy trying to not work than it would take to just do their job.

I guess I'm slowly turning into the old man standing on the porch yelling 'git off my lawn you dern kids!' LoL

I'm slowly finding suppliers that don't suck, but they are all in the metro (minimum hour drive, usually more from me).  Still - it's worth figuring out my schedule to pull the trailer there and deal with people who know your name and carry actual not-$hit materials than it is fighting my way through the home store to pay too much for crap.

Definitely 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

So I just canceled my $2500 order from the Home Depot.  Spoke with the local store this morning, they told me the order would be picked and ready to pick up no later than noon and here we are after 4PM over 26 hours after I placed my same day pickup and they still hadn't picked the order.

I've got a buddy that's always down to make some extra $$ on the weekends, so I'll see if he's willing to roll with me to pick and load what I need to get to work tomorrow afternoon.  I've got a lead on an electric "Big Joe Walky Stacker" walk behind forklift with a 1500lb capacity and 8.75' height reach that I'm going to go look at in the morning.

So no pics again today, but hopefully I can get some $hit done over the weekend!

16 minutes ago, Arthur79 said:

So I just canceled my $2500 order from the Home Depot.  Spoke with the local store this morning, they told me the order would be picked and ready to pick up no later than noon and here we are after 4PM over 26 hours after I placed my same day pickup and they still hadn't picked the order.

I've got a buddy that's always down to make some extra $$ on the weekends, so I'll see if he's willing to roll with me to pick and load what I need to get to work tomorrow afternoon.  I've got a lead on an electric "Big Joe Walky Stacker" walk behind forklift with a 1500lb capacity and 8.75' height reach that I'm going to go look at in the morning.

So no pics again today, but hopefully I can get some $hit done over the weekend!

That's pretty garbage. I had the same experience a while ago, but with a $75 order for some home gardening. After 2 weeks I went to "a competitor" lol

But hey, nothing that was ever easy was worth it. Just a little hiccup in the grand scheme of things. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

That sucks maybe next time

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

With enough caffeine and anger - all things are possible

20210912_182639.thumb.jpg.e1c1511e6ea7dafeff163b0974553dba.jpg

That was the meme/mantra this weekend LoL

So I didn't get nearly as much done Saturday as I had wanted/planned - but it was still a good day.  Nobody died, there was no non-reparable damage encored and everything worked out in the end.

I've been checking Craig's List every 2-3 weeks for the last year and a half looking for something fork-lift-ish that wouldn't break the bank.  Well I finally found one and the 'ol boy I bought it from was super cool (and luckily had several big fork lifts).

I drug the trailer from where I live to a DFW suburb called Richardson that is north of Dallas.  It was ~70 miles and a lot of that is through down-town Dallas (al-be-it on highways).  Got to the guys shop at 10:30AM and worked with him and his business partner to load an early '80s Big Joe Walky Stacker (walk behind forklift) onto my trailer - which was completely dumb.  My trailer is rated for the weight of the machine, but not given how dense/small the footprint is.  I don't have any pictures of the loading process, but as soon as the rear 3rd wheel hit the wood slat on the trailer it dropped straight down as if there was nothing there.  The back lip of the Big Joe landed on the steel lip of the trailer bed - the only reason it didn't keep going until it hit the ground.

Here's the aftermath:

20210912_105215.thumb.jpg.819c0fd668b4d8fa9d23f368fe3cbddd.jpg

So the whole loading process would have made for a great YouTube video, me and my buddy were hanging off the back of the seller's largest forklift trying to keep it's a$$ on the ground while his buddy wrangled chains and a come-along to keep the situation from getting worse and we eventually got it centered over the axels of the trailer (sitting on 3 sheets of 3/4" plywood to help distribute the weight as best as we could.

I strapped it down with the massive ratchet straps like you see securing loads on 18-wheeler flat bed loads using some big heavy D-Rings I have bolted all over the trailer.  The D-Rings are bolted down with 2 3/8" stainless steel bolts.  We found out once we got the 70 miles back to my shop that the load had shifted and it sheered those 2 bolts on the D-ring.  There is no telling where the D-Ring went.  My buddy and I couldn't recall anything from the trip that led us to believe that someone caught it in their windshield so I'm going to let myself believe that no property damage or pain was inflicted and that it's just sitting somewhere on the side of a highway between here and there.

Here is the ring location where it sheered:

20210912_105239.thumb.jpg.6b69f01d890c3f1643e65339875b4341.jpg

And here is what a NOT-sheered one looks like:

20210912_105244.thumb.jpg.45d3fb752f58b3845f2b295368535550.jpg

My buddy's father-in-law had some 1/8th inch steel plate and the kind of get $hit done problem solving approach that saved the day getting her off the trailer and into the shop.

And here is the machine actually in the shop:

20210912_121022.thumb.jpg.692a3a8bf7ee85a5fd195746a407c2f8.jpg

20210912_121028.thumb.jpg.5bd5064e9bcb70fae24d0d7a73bc88d5.jpg

20210912_121043.thumb.jpg.8eafe1fe8be509b73e3c4082a0abc4cb.jpg

I think I'm going to clean her up, paint her pink and name her The Crushinator from Futurama:

Crushi.jpg.62e0e33173aaca2d378c711b6de59967.jpg

Although I'm open to other goofy/stupid names if anybody has any ideas 😺.

Life up and happened and I actually ended up having to use the trailer to haul a different buddies car over to a mechanics shop here in town.  He lives an hour-ish away in the middle of bum-f**k nowhere down mostly crap dirt roads so that ate up basically the rest of the day and the energy I had to get anything done.  Ended up sitting around a fire too late into the evening with the buddy who helped me go get the Crushinator trying to solved all the worlds problems and staring at the stars.

I finally got my dead @$$ out of bed and back to work around 9 Sunday morning.  I loaded up all the stuff that has been collecting at the house and took it over to the new space:

20210912_120233.thumb.jpg.57ad6c90b23dd9cced7cbfd626cc5961.jpg

Rockler and/or UPS kinda failed on this past order.

Not sure if anything is missing out of the box, guess I'll find out when I go to assemble it:

20210912_114649.thumb.jpg.03bb2ae05ab6ef6090c2aa40bbf3dbd3.jpg

And Rockler shipped my $400 Incra Master Lift router lift in the OEM packaging so it showed up like this:
20210912_114350.thumb.jpg.4a5cffd249d3cee33dc0ba816993e8ad.jpg

20210912_114359.thumb.jpg.f68177a8065d2365682e9aff99c11f2c.jpg

Nothing like getting expensive precision equipment in this shape.  Also have no idea if anything is missing and/or if it's messed up.  Will be a bit before I can get it loaded into the table and find out.

I dropped this stuff off and the Crushinator was already making my life easier:

20210912_121724.thumb.jpg.0570e44a8f241fb237a3dfbd4990e643.jpg

From there I went over to the old shop and grabbed a quick load including a few tools I'll be using for the build-out:

20210912_182508.thumb.jpg.384a92b5fd513f7b85eb67a186a0d69e.jpg

Then it was off to Lowes (Damn you Home Depot for eating a day and a half last week!!!)

I got the bulk of the build out materials but it took 2 trips as the poor trailer couldn't hack it in 1 go.  Here's load #1:

20210912_161124.thumb.jpg.cd6b6da3c44317494451bc066db044e1.jpg

That's 3 skids of 1/2 inch drywall plus some 2x8x16s, 2x8x8s, other misc stuff and 12 2x4s.

Again, Crushi proved her metal, I had the sheetrock (which was WAY heavier than I thought and with how it was loaded on the trailer kind of crazier than hauling Crushi) unloaded in less than 30 minuts:

20210912_182437.thumb.jpg.732001c95d5f1bc3e2bb77f11e67539b.jpg

Then it was back to Lowes to pick up the skid of 208 2x4x8s:

20210912_175042.thumb.jpg.b2ddbd6508a9858458d5d07215f67071.jpg

Pulling that load was a piece of cake - and here it is in the shop:

20210912_182433.thumb.jpg.faf7b269a7225e7363f402bc30b0cadc.jpg

I made one more trip after dinner to move a desk from the old shop office to the new shop office.  I'm going to try and work from up there this week.  It will all hinge on how strong my MiFi signal is off the phone.  I am going to call tomorrow morning and see when I can get either Spectrum or AT&T out to install real internet.

Hopefully there will be some pictures and maybe video of some actual build-out progress through the week 🤞

Let me know if you guys have any alternate naming / identity ideas for Crushi.

Peace and Chicken Grease!

U had an exiting day

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's