New Shop Build Log

2 hours ago, Arthur79 said:

No videos today, but I snapped a few pictures.  I loaded up the truck with some more random stuff/boxes:

20210908_144202.thumb.jpg.6c3d150bb3335249b88244d5c8a967bb.jpg

20210908_144209.thumb.jpg.201ab509998a5c41c9c45eee6393c40f.jpg

I also started pulling down and sorting all the crap that's been stored on top of the office.  I managed to get (I think) all the Harley parts in one place and put together a Craig's List add:

20210908_153611.thumb.jpg.66dc498882b1a6ed7004679328217650.jpg

And I got all the old car audio stuff I've had stored for ever down and am just going to donate it to my buddy that owns the car audio shop here in town:

20210908_153724.thumb.jpg.2e1c7534237fb5bd1675afc4989a922c.jpg

20210908_153736.thumb.jpg.2bdb2d3844849e5821ab371c3fa67445.jpg

I can tell that stuff is old because I haven't done anything with Skar since maybe 2015/16?  Once bitten, twice shy right ^_^

Got a few accessories for the shop in today as well:

a 6 inch cyclone separator for the wall mount collector I ordered from Rockler that is apparently not getting here until some time in October now.  At least it gives me time to get all the ducting run

20210908_170549.thumb.jpg.6e9f14bf6f16d28f3c00a1349687840d.jpg

And a honking big barrel to collect the dust:

20210908_170542.thumb.jpg.0e6c825cca9ace38bf516eb154690680.jpg

The city called today and scheduled the inspection for tomorrow at 1:30PM local time so fingers crossed that goes off without a hitch - then I can finally start wiring / insulating / build-out.

The best part though - my buddy came through with over a trailer load of insulation.  It's all stuff that the company he works for scrapped so it came at the unbeatable cost of free:

20210908_205132.thumb.jpg.4061e6d8a3e3008c6c9b29826e7a9867.jpg

20210908_205201.thumb.jpg.5720325eabf2e0db66f41a60ee8f8a68.jpg

That's 30 rolls of 4 foot high, 2 inch thick, 75' long marine grade fiberglass insulation, once I'm done, the interior wall is going to be the one loosing the most cooling/heat!

I'm building my order with the big box store online for everything to start building the interior walls and rooms now, once the CO is signed off on, I'll hit order and go pick it up with the trailer as soon as they have it picked.

Stuff is about to, as they say, get real!

Damn! Doing it grandé my dude! It'll be a lot of work, but well worth it. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

goals no doubt! damn man that looks like a nice place to get some shit done! I just got one of those tabletop sainsmart cnc things to play with over the winter and that feels like a huge upgrade lol. Cant wait to see how everything gets setup!

3 hours ago, bsneon98 said:

goals no doubt! damn man that looks like a nice place to get some shit done! I just got one of those tabletop sainsmart cnc things to play with over the winter and that feels like a huge upgrade lol. Cant wait to see how everything gets setup!

Yea the CNCs are a crazy cool game changer.  I will still break out the template tape and fab something up the good old fashion way when I need something in a hurry and it's a one off, but the CNC can just do stuff I could only dream of before!  I'm excited to get the new space all built out and get to work!

8 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Damn! Doing it grandé my dude! It'll be a lot of work, but well worth it. 

Luckily it's been starting to cool down in the evenings / over night and has only been getting up into the low 90s the past few days.  I'm hoping it stays that way long enough for me to get built out enough for the A/C guy to come and do his thing.  Construction lumber has finally started to get back down to a sane price point as well.  From the time I started pricing the build-out to now 2x4x8s have come down to where 2x3x8s were.

It's hard work doing this stuff, but it's work I like to do, I get a big sense of accomplishment when it all comes together!

40 minutes ago, Arthur79 said:

Luckily it's been starting to cool down in the evenings / over night and has only been getting up into the low 90s the past few days.  I'm hoping it stays that way long enough for me to get built out enough for the A/C guy to come and do his thing.  Construction lumber has finally started to get back down to a sane price point as well.  From the time I started pricing the build-out to now 2x4x8s have come down to where 2x3x8s were.

It's hard work doing this stuff, but it's work I like to do, I get a big sense of accomplishment when it all comes together!

I'm excited for you bro! I can't wait to see what kind of stuff you're going to turn out. Just don't forget about us little guys when you get big time! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I could always use a new job

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

1 hour ago, Dafaseles said:

I'm excited for you bro! I can't wait to see what kind of stuff you're going to turn out. Just don't forget about us little guys when you get big time! 

LoLoLoL - I'll be happy if I can hit a lick that allows me to do this full time and still have stuff like health care insurance etc.  Once I get back up and running, I can run anything you need off the CNC or laser.  Shipping might be a bit high, but stuff like accent pieces shouldn't be too bad to ship!

52 minutes ago, Never Enough Bass said:

I could always use a new job

I'm hoping to have to figure out how to hire some time next year, but I'm taking a conservative approach and wouldn't feel right putting someone on payroll unless I had at least a years worth of their salary in the bank before I hired them LoL.

That said, where I live - finding good help can be difficult.  My buddy that owns the local stereo shop can't get a reliable installer to save his life.

I'm hopeful that I get to cross that bridge...

I'm looking to move from where I live anyways time for new scenery 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

No pictures from yesterday, but the CO and fire inspection went off without a hitch.  I'm on hold with Home Depot right now trying to figure out when I can pick up the order I placed yesterday at 2 that was supposed to be available for same-day pickup LoL.  Supposedly it's being picked right now, waiting to try and speak with someone at the store to see if they can give me a guestimate on when it will be available.

Hopefully I'll have some more interesting pics on actual progress tonight and through the weekend!

Archived