Replace stock HU or use a LOC?

19 minutes ago, Mattc43 said:

Ok I’ll just get the amp pro. Thanks

That's your best move for now, a DSP is something you can easily add later too. There's a lot of info here where you can learn about DSP's, read up. You need more info than I can provide in a post. I'm no pro at DSP's, I haven't started using them until 5-6 years ago so they're still semi new to me too. There's a wealth of knowledge on the board tho.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/8/2021 at 11:14 AM, CorNut said:

That's your best move for now, a DSP is something you can easily add later too. There's a lot of info here where you can learn about DSP's, read up. You need more info than I can provide in a post. I'm no pro at DSP's, I haven't started using them until 5-6 years ago so they're still semi new to me too. There's a wealth of knowledge on the board tho.

Amp pro will not work with my car. I’m just gonna get a double din touchscreen head unit 

There's other ways to do it then amp pro

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

On 9/6/2021 at 5:32 PM, CorNut said:

What you want is an AmpPro, it gives you a clean signal to add amplifiers or a DSP

Search for part# AP4-TY11

It's not the cheapest option but it eliminates any factory radio crossovers, it leaves you with clean outputs & lets you adjust door chime volume if that goes through your radio (I'm not sure about your vehicle), plus it has a knob you can use as a bass knob for your sub amp. It's worth it's weight in gold if you want to stay with a factory look/interface.

If you're going budget, check out the Dayton Audio DSP-408. I recommend doing a DSP before your amps if you're doing mids and highs as well. If you're only doing subs, it isn't as crucial. 

Can you link me to this AMPPRO gadget?

Edit- ive never heard of this. Please link me this "clean" out put converter. I want to see what its about

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

4 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Can you link me to this AMPPRO gadget?

Edit- ive never heard of this. Please link me this "clean" out put converter. I want to see what its about

I don't understand your sarcasm? Some cars have factory crossovers, fake engine noise etc.. Are you making fun of me for saying an item that removes that stuff as being a clean signal? If you feel like there's a better word than "clean" for what I'm describing, good for you.

17 hours ago, CorNut said:

I don't understand your sarcasm? Some cars have factory crossovers, fake engine noise etc.. Are you making fun of me for saying an item that removes that stuff as being a clean signal? If you feel like there's a better word than "clean" for what I'm describing, good for you.

Awesome. You actually got that.  Well done. And there is far and few between "locs" that really give you any TYPE of "clean" signal. But, hey, glad you caught on to that. All that said, where is the link my man? Zero sarcastic shit there. Show me. Where is this "item"??? Link me. 

41 minutes ago, Kyblack76 said:

Awesome. You actually got that.  Well done. And there is far and few between "locs" that really give you any TYPE of "clean" signal. But, hey, glad you caught on to that. All that said, where is the link my man? Zero sarcastic shit there. Show me. Where is this "item"??? Link me. 

I sent it it's the Crutchfield thing

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

23 hours ago, Never Enough Bass said:

I sent it it's the Crutchfield thing

Cool, good luck with that.

Edit- looks like your going to buy 500 dollars of shit to keep factory controls.... the actual LINE OUTPUT CONVERTER, is what part again.....???  Just 2 channels eh... good luck.

Ya, you will have unwanted noise. Guaranteed. Or, maybe 500 bucks will give you an actual clean signal out, and also, defeats oem signal lose at upper volumes, or, gives you any type of signal, below 40hz.... buy it all, get it in, and let us know. 

Seriously, good luck. Hope it works out

Archived