Replace stock HU or use a LOC?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/8/2021 at 4:40 PM, Kyblack76 said:

Awesome. You actually got that.  Well done. And there is far and few between "locs" that really give you any TYPE of "clean" signal. But, hey, glad you caught on to that. All that said, where is the link my man? Zero sarcastic shit there. Show me. Where is this "item"??? Link me. 

They're vehicle specific so there's no single link. I find it hard to believe you don't know what an AmpPro is with how long you've been around. I feel like you're trolling and I'm unsure why.

if you're serious about no sarcasm, watch this:

I'm still not convinced you don't know what an AmpPro is, but here you go. It gives you an unmodified, full range signal which allows you to set your own crossovers/EQ settings if you use a DSP. My truck for instance, has a factory amplifier. If I tap into the speaker wires with a LOC, anything I connect to that LOC will be limited by the factory amp settings/crossovers. The AmpPro allows me to get the data signal that goes to the factory amplifier, it converts it to an unedited analog signal you can use in the form of RCA outputs. It's definitely not a LOC, it doesn't convert an analog/speaker signal to a lower voltage RCA signal. It gives you as clean of signal as any good aftermarket head unit, the only difference is it won't have the features an aftermarket head unit will have until you add a DSP. It's not as convenient since you won't have on screen crossover adjustments etc., but it's functionally just as good if you don't mind making your crossover adjustments via the Rockford DSR-1 app or whatever form of adjusting is required by the DSP you choose.

On 10/10/2021 at 2:49 AM, CorNut said:

They're vehicle specific so there's no single link. I find it hard to believe you don't know what an AmpPro is with how long you've been around. I feel like you're trolling and I'm unsure why.

I'm still not convinced you don't know what an AmpPro is, but here you go. It gives you an unmodified, full range signal which allows you to set your own crossovers/EQ settings if you use a DSP. My truck for instance, has a factory amplifier. If I tap into the speaker wires with a LOC, anything I connect to that LOC will be limited by the factory amp settings/crossovers. The AmpPro allows me to get the data signal that goes to the factory amplifier, it converts it to an unedited analog signal you can use in the form of RCA outputs. It's definitely not a LOC, it doesn't convert an analog/speaker signal to a lower voltage RCA signal. It gives you as clean of signal as any good aftermarket head unit, the only difference is it won't have the features an aftermarket head unit will have until you add a DSP. It's not as convenient since you won't have on screen crossover adjustments etc., but it's functionally just as good if you don't mind making your crossover adjustments via the Rockford DSR-1 app or whatever form of adjusting is required by the DSP you choose.

Cool,... it should do exactly what is needed. Done. Good job

I mean, ill pass, but hey,.... well done. Sounds like a cheap loc to me.. but yo... have at it. Cheers !

On 10/10/2021 at 2:49 AM, CorNut said:

Also...

Explain this????  Please, because i just ordered 3, and you said it would work?

I mean, 300 bucks, times 3..... shit, but you said it would work..???

That said, did you even care, about what vehicle he had? No? Sooooo, do they make one, specifically for a Toyota???? Or, have are you "finding it " hard to believe you don't know what an AmpPro is with how long you've been around"

Thoughts? Also, his 2013, is the same as my 2018. That shit has not changed. Soooooooooooooooo that said, ill still buy the one, you suggested, and try it, for fun... maybe make a video. Should be fun,... because, all the GM talk, in the video,.... makes my Japanese stuff,... giggle.... naw, laugh. A lot. 

20211014_144707.jpg

8 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Also...

Explain this????  Please, because i just ordered 3, and you said it would work?

I mean, 300 bucks, times 3..... shit, but you said it would work..???

That said, did you even care, about what vehicle he had? No? Sooooo, do they make one, specifically for a Toyota???? Or, have are you "finding it " hard to believe you don't know what an AmpPro is with how long you've been around"

Thoughts? Also, his 2013, is the same as my 2018. That shit has not changed. Soooooooooooooooo that said, ill still buy the one, you suggested, and try it, for fun... maybe make a video. Should be fun,... because, all the GM talk, in the video,.... makes my Japanese stuff,... giggle.... naw, laugh. A lot. 

20211014_144707.jpg

You are so dumb lol. The very first response in the thread was by me with the part # for the Toyota version. 

Also, do you know what a Line Out Converter (LOC) is? Something that converts a digital signal to an analog signal isn't a LOC.

Yes, AmpPro's are vehicle specific, which is why I told you I couldn't just give you a link. 

Anybody with half a brain, don't mistake this person for knowing what they're talking about. If you want to keep your factory radio but want the clarity of an aftermarket, get an AmpPro if there's one available for your car.

Don't take my word for it though, research what an AmpPro is and you'll quickly learn why it couldn't be any further from being a "LOC".

On 10/14/2021 at 11:19 PM, CorNut said:

You are so dumb lol. The very first response in the thread was by me with the part # for the Toyota version. 

Also, do you know what a Line Out Converter (LOC) is? Something that converts a digital signal to an analog signal isn't a LOC.

Yes, AmpPro's are vehicle specific, which is why I told you I couldn't just give you a link. 

Anybody with half a brain, don't mistake this person for knowing what they're talking about. If you want to keep your factory radio but want the clarity of an aftermarket, get an AmpPro if there's one available for your car.

Don't take my word for it though, research what an AmpPro is and you'll quickly learn why it couldn't be any further from being a "LOC".

K, ill bet, he will be fine. (Sarcasm)

Cheers. Again !!.

Archived