NOOBIE CAR AUDIO BUILD NEED LOTS OF HELP 5000WATT+ TOYOTA 4 RUNNER & 2 SUNDOWN X15S

Been awhile guys and I’m laughing at myself and some of the things I’ve said on this build log lol. Feel like I’ve learned a decent bit about car audio since I’ve been active on this build log but anyways box is drying as we speak with its final coating of paint. Waiting on my alternator from Dc power to come in and will be ordering headway cells (doing a battery delete) to make a bank. 6DA097E0-76B3-448B-B507-93B01ACCCE44.thumb.jpeg.56e3bb0d7d1d1828b0c4988bd3d15ba9.jpeg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also guys I’m getting rid of my smart 3ks in favor of a smart bass 5k for my subs. Still don’t have a multichannel amp or tweets yet. Some of the last couple things I need to order but I’ll have 4 DB Arnold’s up front and those boys are gonna be loud. Def not worried about them being able to keep up with the bass758CC402-86B9-4FE9-B057-DADA36D9D0CE.thumb.webp.b9f3df516e337b8e7b3f24079b8f5efd.webp

3 hours ago, Mattc43 said:

Been awhile guys and I’m laughing at myself and some of the things I’ve said on this build log lol. Feel like I’ve learned a decent bit about car audio since I’ve been active on this build log but anyways box is drying as we speak with its final coating of paint. Waiting on my alternator from Dc power to come in and will be ordering headway cells (doing a battery delete) to make a bank. 6DA097E0-76B3-448B-B507-93B01ACCCE44.thumb.jpeg.56e3bb0d7d1d1828b0c4988bd3d15ba9.jpeg

That box is huge! Can't wait to see it installed! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

On 2/16/2022 at 9:20 PM, Dafaseles said:

That box is huge! Can't wait to see it installed! 

John Lorenzo from Houstonaudiolabs designed it! He’s an awesome guy to go to for box designs. He can create anything! I gotta good feeling about this build! Would love to meter it once I’m done! Seriously can’t wait but I am a little stressed. One step at a time!

11 minutes ago, Mattc43 said:

John Lorenzo from Houstonaudiolabs designed it! He’s an awesome guy to go to for box designs. He can create anything! I gotta good feeling about this build! Would love to meter it once I’m done! Seriously can’t wait but I am a little stressed. One step at a time!

I hear you man. You're a lot further along than I am, so I'm sure your getting really anxious trying to hurry up and hear it. Just take a deep breath. Double check everything, take your time. Make sure it's done right and you don't miss anything so you only have to do it once! 

29 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I hear you man. You're a lot further along than I am, so I'm sure your getting really anxious trying to hurry up and hear it. Just take a deep breath. Double check everything, take your time. Make sure it's done right and you don't miss anything so you only have to do it once! 

Your system has a lot more to it than mine but yeah I’m gettin close!! It’s really exciting. Appreciate it! I finally see the end in sight. I think I know just about everything I need to finish out my system. Still have quite a few things left to do and gotta make sure I can drive the car everyday because it’s my only car. Can’t have it not operable so I’m gonna have to do it in steps lol

1 minute ago, Mattc43 said:

Your system has a lot more to it than mine but yeah I’m gettin close!! It’s really exciting. Appreciate it! I finally see the end in sight. I think I know just about everything I need to finish out my system. Still have quite a few things left to do and gotta make sure I can drive the car everyday because it’s my only car. Can’t have it not operable so I’m gonna have to do it in steps lol

Can't wait to see it done bud! 

My boys run Arnolds, haven't heard in person but they are loud af. No tweet really even necessary. Pretty insane. 

I personally just swapped my Focal PS comps for a pair of Sundown Neos & CT meso tweets. On the same power they are so much louder and clearer than the Focals. 

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

• 1 month later...

Box is in! Very impressed with the sound quality of the x15v2s! They move a lot of air! My box is tuned to 30 but honestly it hits high notes nicely too. Now I only have my smart 3k on the subs and it really doesn’t move them much! I have an energie 4k in the trunk with one run of 1/0 welding wire to my stock alt. I have a dc power 270amp alt I haven’t put in yet. Big 3 is done and I think I’m really lacking in alternator power! 

My stock alt is not doing these subs justice I don’t think. I can clip the hell out of the subs and they get very loud but sound terrible with distortion. I’d like to get the bigger alternator installed soon and check all my grounds. There is no way I’m getting 1,500w to each sub. It is definitely louder than my previous setup but we’ve got more work to do. Happy with how my box sounds tho! Sounds great but like I said it’s just lacking in power. I have a Taramps smart bass 5k as well that will be installed once that dc power alt is in place. 

Hopefully then it’ll really pound! 

0D88F693-4C5A-4AC1-949C-5F4D51217D28.jpeg

Archived