NOOBIE CAR AUDIO BUILD NEED LOTS OF HELP 5000WATT+ TOYOTA 4 RUNNER & 2 SUNDOWN X15S

18 hours ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Yea I drive a charger I don't know what I meter lol but I wish I did this thing will make your ears pop that's for sure I'm surprised my rear view mirror hasn't feel off yet I know it's always pointing down

That is awesome. Bet in a smaller cabin like that the bass hits even harder. I've only had systems in suvs. It is too bad spl meters are so damn expensive

Yea it's not bad would sound better in a suv I'm gonna build a box and cabin fire them and seal it off

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Well guys just stumbled into another little roadblock in the build. So I love my backup cam my stock headunit comes with but other than that I would not mind replacing it. Reason being THAT in order for me to hook up an amp pro, as someone mentioned to me earlier, my car must come with a jbl sound system/add on in which it does not. Now I am worried what other features I will lose in my car if I were to get an aftermarket HU but I am willing to sacrifice some features for my subs and amps. That backup cam is really nice tho and really the only reason I love that oem HU

30 minutes ago, Mattc43 said:

Well guys just stumbled into another little roadblock in the build. So I love my backup cam my stock headunit comes with but other than that I would not mind replacing it. Reason being THAT in order for me to hook up an amp pro, as someone mentioned to me earlier, my car must come with a jbl sound system/add on in which it does not. Now I am worried what other features I will lose in my car if I were to get an aftermarket HU but I am willing to sacrifice some features for my subs and amps. That backup cam is really nice tho and really the only reason I love that oem HU

Try checking this out

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_794ADSMRR2/iDatalink-Maestro-RR2-Interface-Module.html

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

You could buy that or just figure out what wires go to the backup camera and wire it in but you gotta get a double din

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

They have wire harnesses to keep all your features 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

On 9/15/2021 at 8:18 PM, Dafaseles said:

2 15's on 6k, I'd look for as high of an RMS as you can get! At least 150, if you can't find 200 RMS. That bass is going to be loud! 

Vehicle plays a huge roll, if your using a mic/in the lanes competing. Huge.

OP , let me know if i can help. Runner here also. But went a different direction. Best of luck. 

Edit- click the link.

Crutchfield doesn't have a ton of high power mids. Best best is Sky High & Down4Sound shop for nice comps. I'd imagine a 6.5 comp set would be fine, mid in the door and tweeter in dash. Can also get some coax's for the rear doors or just put each tweeter and each midwoofer on a channel. 

The LC7i is nice but lots of manufacturers like Pioneer and Kenwood make great HU's. You are looking in the $600-$1400 range though depending on features like wanting wireless Apple Play/Android Auto

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

23 hours ago, Baydestrian said:

Crutchfield doesn't have a ton of high power mids. Best best is Sky High & Down4Sound shop for nice comps. I'd imagine a 6.5 comp set would be fine, mid in the door and tweeter in dash. Can also get some coax's for the rear doors or just put each tweeter and each midwoofer on a channel. 

The LC7i is nice but lots of manufacturers like Pioneer and Kenwood make great HU's. You are looking in the $600-$1400 range though depending on features like wanting wireless Apple Play/Android Auto

Hey man I will be getting a double din head unit. I think ill be going with a Sony headhunt. I just want that backup cam and bluetooth his just fine for me. I can live without apple car play

Well guys box build is going ok. This is my 4th box I have ever made and the largest but remind me to never use mdf again. I have been predrilling and going slow with my impact driving in my drywall screws but I am still cracking the end pieces of the mdf. This stuff sucks for big boxes. Anyways aside from that sound deadening has been going well and I have decided on a double din Sony HU and deaf bounce arnold 6.5s in the front doors. Have not looked for tweeters yet. Also trying to figure out how to setup my electrical with my Toyota. I am 100% set on two smart 3ks as my bass amps and probably another 4 channel taramps amp for my mids/highs. Just kind of buying stuff as I go. 

xB29%1FLRMqwvfXaCfjm5w.jpg

nZBjsY8zSDa1aLT3G4KHiA.jpg

Archived