Jump to content

NOOBIE CAR AUDIO BUILD NEED LOTS OF HELP 5000WATT+ TOYOTA 4 RUNNER & 2 SUNDOWN X15S


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, BLUE COLLAR MISFIT said:

I fixing to do a box design like this in my 06 crew cab Silverado for 2 sundown x 18”s 

You’ll love the x’s. They are very well built and can take a lot of abuse. Make sure your electrical is up to par and you tune everything right and those x18s will kick your ass. As for amp you’ll def want to give them at least over 1000watts their rated power because they can take it. Also box is designed by houstonaudiolabs. Check him out, he does a fantastic job!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Well, as long as you figured out the problem and are happy with the sound, that's all that matters bud! 

I think I’m gonna add another power run and a second ground for my battery but thanks! I do like it and it’s violent lol

  • Like (+1 Rep) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mattc43 said:

You’ll love the x’s. They are very well built and can take a lot of abuse. Make sure your electrical is up to par and you tune everything right and those x18s will kick your ass. As for amp you’ll def want to give them at least over 1000watts their rated power because they can take it. Also box is designed by houstonaudiolabs. Check him out, he does a fantastic job!

I’m gonna build my own probably gonna tune it around 25hz and my electrical is ok I have a mechman 250 and 2 d3400 running a audio apex cab 22 but planing on upgrading to maybe a sundown sia 3500.

  • Like (+1 Rep) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2022 at 11:18 PM, BLUE COLLAR MISFIT said:

I’m gonna build my own probably gonna tune it around 25hz and my electrical is ok I have a mechman 250 and 2 d3400 running a audio apex cab 22 but planing on upgrading to maybe a sundown sia 3500.

25hz will be nice for those subs. Are you getting the v2 or v3 18s? If you’re getting the v2s I’d put a 5k on them. I put a 3k on my two 15s and it was ok but they can handle the 5k nicely if tuned right and voltage is good. Definitely go lithium! So much smaller and lighter. Recharge rate is much higher too and output is great. Just comes at a price tho 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Mattc43 said:

25hz will be nice for those subs. Are you getting the v2 or v3 18s? If you’re getting the v2s I’d put a 5k on them. I put a 3k on my two 15s and it was ok but they can handle the 5k nicely if tuned right and voltage is good. Definitely go lithium! So much smaller and lighter. Recharge rate is much higher too and output is great. Just comes at a price tho 😅

I think I’m gonna get the v2 s 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you put in more power let me know. I made a kit to add a second alternator to the Toyota 4.0L engine. I am running a DC270 in the factory location for just the truck and a DC370 for my system.

 

 

Nice setup.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Turbo598 said:

When you put in more power let me know. I made a kit to add a second alternator to the Toyota 4.0L engine. I am running a DC270 in the factory location for just the truck and a DC370 for my system.

 

 

Nice setup.

 

You were able to fit a second alternator? My voltage sits at 14.3 and drops to 13.2 at the lowest and that’s full tilt. Recovers quickly too. You think that’s pretty solid electrical? 1 run of 1/0 welding wire from dc power 270a alternator to two down4sound lto 6.0s with one 1/0 welding ground to chassis of car (like literally underneath the car into the frame of the car). Thinking about grounding my 5k to my car frame as well instead of the d4s battery negative. I have my engine block grounded but I think I might ground my alternator straight to the car frame as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2022 at 6:08 AM, BLUE COLLAR MISFIT said:

I think I’m gonna get the v2 s 

Tbh I’d save up a little more and get the v3s because the have the famous zv5 motor. I have v2s but wish I had the v3 sometimes. Would be a lot more money tho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys I have stunk up my x15s twice now. It was that sweet smell you get when a voice coil gets too hot. Scared the sh*t out of me when it happened. Going to reset my gains tomorrow and NO MORE MUSI APP. I will be downloading the Dj rusticals app and running all my music through usb connection. My question for you guys is tho have I caused permanent damage to my voice coils? After both times I stunk them up I felt the dustcaps and they were warm. Not hot enough to burn my hand but I could lay my hand on them and definitely feel the heat. 
 

I’ve tested the cones of both my subs and did not hear any crackling of the voice coil or stiffness. Subs are not blown but did take some clipping for sure. Makes me nervous because recones are not cheap for these subs and I don’t want to see them go up in smoke

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 102 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...