Sonic Electronix

Making Rear Seats Foldable

Good day all.

I got a nissan tiida (versa) sedan and unfortunately the rear seats in the car cant fold down and it doesnt have a hand rest/cup holder in the middle to fold down.

My system has a single 12" in the trunk and its geared towards a daily. Anyways, can i hack together something on the seat to make it foldable so i can seal the sub facing the cabin without removing the seat completely? Or am a forced to face the trunk only? Will that affect my SQ? Not chasing numbers or anything

Thanks all

9 minutes ago, Jeremy009 said:

Good day all.

I got a nissan tiida (versa) sedan and unfortunately the rear seats in the car cant fold down and it doesnt have a hand rest/cup holder in the middle to fold down.

My system has a single 12" in the trunk and its geared towards a daily. Anyways, can i hack together something on the seat to make it foldable so i can seal the sub facing the cabin without removing the seat completely? Or am a forced to face the trunk only? Will that affect my SQ? Not chasing numbers or anything

Thanks all

Depending on how the frame of your back seat is configured at what would be the bending point, maybe you could cannibalize a seat that is foldable for those hinges and locks, and weld them into place. Other than that, I don't know man. Maybe even if there's a year of your car with foldable seats, maybe you could fabricate them to fit into the stock mounting space. 

As far as sound quality, even just sub and port back, I wouldn't think would effect it that much that it would be a concern. I think actually, the times you'd have your seat up would effect the sound more than facing into the trunk. 

Sounds deadening the hatch and the trunk around the enclosure would help as well. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

48 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Depending on how the frame of your back seat is configured at what would be the bending point, maybe you could cannibalize a seat that is foldable for those hinges and locks, and weld them into place. Other than that, I don't know man. Maybe even if there's a year of your car with foldable seats, maybe you could fabricate them to fit into the stock mounting space. 

As far as sound quality, even just sub and port back, I wouldn't think would effect it that much that it would be a concern. I think actually, the times you'd have your seat up would effect the sound more than facing into the trunk. 

Sounds deadening the hatch and the trunk around the enclosure would help as well. 

So seats up and sub and port facing trunk will sound fine once i sound deaden? Or is it worth the time and money to fabricate a back seat and make them foldable and seal the sub facing forward?

1 hour ago, Jeremy009 said:

So seats up and sub and port facing trunk will sound fine once i sound deaden? Or is it worth the time and money to fabricate a back seat and make them foldable and seal the sub facing forward?

I would try subs back. It shouldn't sound that bad. And if it does, then look into getting foldable seats. I wouldn't worry too much about it

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I just took my seat off completely and they still face the back towards the trunk just buy like a bucket seat and put it back there or some wood with a cushion make it a 3 seater

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt