Sonic Electronix

they look like 10 or 12 gauge. i have some sky high wire thats oversized so i understand thats no help. but i dont understand such small terminals for a 1000 watt rms rating and we all know thats conservative. i was reading 12 gauge is really only good up to about 750 watts rms. but can i use a reducer on my 8 gauge and still get the full power from that and plug the reducer into the terminal? once the size is figured out. i had some custom 12 r3s that had 8 gauge terminals but going to be running these v2 on an sia 3500 as soon as i find somebody who can install my custom alt into a 2020 kia soul

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Liljxthexripper said:

they look like 10 or 12 gauge. i have some sky high wire thats oversized so i understand thats no help. but i dont understand such small terminals for a 1000 watt rms rating and we all know thats conservative. i was reading 12 gauge is really only good up to about 750 watts rms. but can i use a reducer on my 8 gauge and still get the full power from that and plug the reducer into the terminal? once the size is figured out. i had some custom 12 r3s that had 8 gauge terminals but going to be running these v2 on an sia 3500 as soon as i find somebody who can install my custom alt into a 2020 kia soul

If you want to use a reducer, use a reducer. You will get all the benefits of the bigger 8 awg wire using one. And honestly, knowing the terminals don't except 8 awg, I would recommend using one, especially on a SIA 3500. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

3 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

If you want to use a reducer, use a reducer. You will get all the benefits of the bigger 8 awg wire using one. And honestly, knowing the terminals don't except 8 awg, I would recommend using one, especially on a SIA 3500. 

i appreciate the quick response, but do you know the actual size of the stock terminals? that way i can buy the correct reducer lol. 

The sa v2 can take 8 gauge

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

My 8 gauge knukoncept fits

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

I mean 10 gauge but I have 2 wires in 1 hole

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Just now, Never Enough Bass said:

I mean 10 gauge but I have 2 wires in 1 hole

then that would be about 7 gauge? you probably have 4 gauge terminals on yours but i definitely have 10 or 12. im going to end up just redoing my wiring so im not dealing with this sky high stuff even though i have my amp to smd bolt terminals looking clean on the outside. i have a spool of ofc 12 gauge from audio legion so i might just do the same and twist some ends together

Yea I got 2 runs of 10 gauge on mine and I bought the sub new with the terminals that come on it

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt