Sonic Electronix

Noob can't find help on YouTube. Enclosure first world problems

Good eye. Those are the k9d2's. I went with rockville after owning their surround sound for my living room. Here's a box I just found on the net. Gonna ask them how deep it is. That might give me some insight. They want $1300+ for it. Crazy. I can buy the material and all the tools(router and all) for much less I hope

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, vtxcalibur said:

So maybe 10 inch wide? Also hoping someone can answer another noob question. My head unit only goes down to 50hz as an option for the subwoofer output. I'm thinking 35hz(?) for the port, should I look for a different head unit? I'm using an old avh-p4400bh pioneer

What do you mean? Is that a LPF or a HPF or a bass boost frequency? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

49 minutes ago, vtxcalibur said:

So maybe 10 inch wide? Also hoping someone can answer another noob question. My head unit only goes down to 50hz as an option for the subwoofer output. I'm thinking 35hz(?) for the port, should I look for a different head unit? I'm using an old avh-p4400bh pioneer

Are you planning to use a DSP? Regardless if that's your LPF, subsonic or boost, you'll be overriding it with your DSP. I'm guessing that 50hz is boost or subsonic filter. If boost, I wouldn't use it, if subsonic, that'll depend on what your enclosure is tuned to. To get your subsonic filter setting, multiply your box tuning by .75

1 hour ago, CorNut said:

Are you planning to use a DSP? Regardless if that's your LPF, subsonic or boost, you'll be overriding it with your DSP. I'm guessing that 50hz is boost or subsonic filter. If boost, I wouldn't use it, if subsonic, that'll depend on what your enclosure is tuned to. To get your subsonic filter setting, multiply your box tuning by .75

I'm guessing it's a bass boost filter. Either way, I don't think he'll need it. He can do all the crossover settings he'll need at the amplifier, or a DSP like you mentioned. 

48 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I'm guessing it's a bass boost filter. Either way, I don't think he'll need it. He can do all the crossover settings he'll need at the amplifier, or a DSP like you mentioned. 

Even when I do a DSP, I set the amp crossovers just under the DSP as a failsafe in case something happens to the settings. I learned real quick about not using the stereo, people unhook their battery for whatever reason then come back with blown stuff or needing me to re-tune it.

I'm more of a set it and forget it besides the bass knob, I'm not an audiophile that needs to constantly tweak things.

3 hours ago, vtxcalibur said:

I don’t even know what DSP is. I know hpf and lpf. On my stereo in the subwoofer section it has level 1-6 options and 50hz, 80hz, or 120hz. I'll get a pic after work 

A DSP is a digital sound processor. You install it between your head unit and amplifiers. Peele use it to set specific crossover points, time alignments and specific slopes for specific channels on amplifiers and such. They can do even more depending on what model you get and how much you're willing to spend. 

Yeah, take as picture of it, though I believe it's just a bass boost frequency selector. Though I guess it could be a LPF of some sort. My guess is, if you can turn it off, turn it off. 

Archived