Sonic Electronix

HELP. 1 Sundown X15 or 2 Soundstream T5 12’s

So I need help deciding which way to go. I already have a 220 amp alternator, big 3 with 0 gauge power and ground. Group 34 main battery and group 34 secondary battery. Currently running  a DC Audio 3.5k amp on 2 Soundstream T5 12’s. I recently got 2 Sundown X15’s in a trade for some stuff and was wondering if I should switch to the Sundown’s. Would 1 X15 sound as good or better than my 2 T5 12’s. I would love to run both 15’s but I’m not sure I have enough room in my trunk. I have a 2019 Dodge Charger 

Is it the x15 v.2 or v.3

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Either way that x15 can probably handle more power than both of those 12's sundown is underrated but your 15 box is gonna be just as big or bigger than the box u have now in a charger 2 15's you probably wouldn't have enough space unless you don't care about getting to your battery or fuse box I have a 06 charger but I'm a basshead and I can't get to mine

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

3 hours ago, Mdubb said:

So I need help deciding which way to go. I already have a 220 amp alternator, big 3 with 0 gauge power and ground. Group 34 main battery and group 34 secondary battery. Currently running  a DC Audio 3.5k amp on 2 Soundstream T5 12’s. I recently got 2 Sundown X15’s in a trade for some stuff and was wondering if I should switch to the Sundown’s. Would 1 X15 sound as good or better than my 2 T5 12’s. I would love to run both 15’s but I’m not sure I have enough room in my trunk. I have a 2019 Dodge Charger 

All things considered, same amp, optimum box size and tuning, 2 12's are going to be louder than 1 15. Cone area is king

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I couldn't fin the Xmax (cone excursion) on the Soundstream 12s.  Looks like they are rated at 1kw RMS each.  I agree with Dafaseless on cone area and 2 12s should have at least an extra 30 square inches over the single 15.

The Sundown has a 30mm Xmax (over an inch!) of travel one way, so that thing will move given enough good clean power.

Looks like the X15 v2 is happy in a 4.25 cubic foot enclosure where the 2 T5s would want 4 cubes.  

Hard call.  I think the 12s might be a little tighter if you are listening to music with a lot of rapid transitions (think kick drums) but the X15 will  definitely play lower / calls for a lower tuned port.

What kind of music do you listen to? 

Archived