Mechman Alternators

2019> GM truck vehicles /// stretch belt(no tensioner) vehicles

Needing to collect more data on these modern vehicles.  If you have one or know of someone that does, please post or email me. 

As usual, other brands "say 14-18 applications fit" so they can sell you something and take your money. We prefer to provide a product that will work as much as factory as possible. The fact is, the stretch belt applications do not provide the correct tension for 200+ amp alternators, especially not 400's. 

We have a solution as we have a few in the field with our tensioner kit, but we're trying to establish a database of vehicles it will fit on. 

Main vehicles requested are:

2019> Silverado / Sierra 1500, 2500 3500  with 5.3, 6.0, 6.2 and 6.6 Diesel

2019> Tahoe /  Suburban / Yukon / Escalade with same engines as above. 

The area in GREEN is where there are supposed to be a spring tensioner and idler pulley.  We're finding some models have threads and some do not. 

Any help is certainly appreciated!

2018upGMtruckNOtensioner.jpg

• 2 years later...

I am late to the party but I have a 2023 Silverado RST with the 5.3l and it does not have the tensioner pulley and I never noticed it. I was planning to re-use my 370A alternator from my 2014 silverado 1500 5.3l but I guess I can't now. Thanks GM for the shaft haha. What is this adapter kit you speak of?

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress