Sonic Electronix

49 minutes ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Mine is screwed into plastic I found what's wrong with mine 1 of my grounds is 75 ohms lol

How did you measure your resistance? I measured resistance on the grounds in the back to the frame, this is where the battery grounds to. I’m not sure if I was doing it right. First with battery grounds connected I measured from negative post on battery to the grounds and the resistance was kinda high. Reading like 12 ohms. Then I tried disconnecting the grounds from battery and measured from the ground cable to the frame where I cleaned and sanded to bare metal and was measuring around 2.2 ohms. So not sure if I’m measuring right. 

U want it as close to 0 as possible dmm positive to ground and ground to positive battery

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

3 hours ago, Ceeze90 said:

I have the mono amp mounted on a plywood board, which is mounted to the floor. And the 4 channel is screwed down to the floor. Under the rear seat. 

There a chance that the amplifier case grounded itself to the chassis through the screws. If you get the chance, unmount the amp, and see if it helps. 

Here's a video that could help checking ground points. If you haven't already seen it

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

2 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

There a chance that the amplifier case grounded itself to the chassis through the screws. If you get the chance, unmount the amp, and see if it helps. 

Here's a video that could help checking ground points. If you haven't already seen it

I have seen that video. Been using it as reference. I ran a second run of 1/0 from the engine to the frame. Still has the whine. I also tried unscrewing the amp and it was still present. So with the battery all connected up I probe the negative side and probe the ground spot and I’m getting 2.2 ohms. Only problem is I’m out of cable. I would think it’s a good spot tho. It’s pretty thick metal and took down to bare metal. Tapped and secured tightly. 

3 minutes ago, Ceeze90 said:

I have seen that video. Been using it as reference. I ran a second run of 1/0 from the engine to the frame. Still has the whine. I also tried unscrewing the amp and it was still present. So with the battery all connected up I probe the negative side and probe the ground spot and I’m getting 2.2 ohms. Only problem is I’m out of cable. I would think it’s a good spot tho. It’s pretty thick metal and took down to bare metal. Tapped and secured tightly. 

There could be something between that spot and where the ground travels to get back to the alternator that is basically bottlenecking the ground. 

I think you should look around the amp to try and find something lower than 1 ohm. It may end up being closer to the amp So you wouldn't need more cable. 

I measured right at the amp

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

This adapter shouldn't cause that high of resistance should it

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Can't he ground it straight to the battery back there

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

1 hour ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Can't he ground it straight to the battery back there

He did, and it didn't solve the problem. 

99.9% of the time, when you get the alternator wine, it's a grounding issue. The fact that it only comes out of his speakers connected to the 4 channel, leads me to believe it has to do with the ground for that amp. 

Archived