LC8i Tuning

Please helps! So I'm running an LC8i(from previous install) to add a subwoofer only in my 2019 Camaro w/ Bose System. I have the front left and right high levels running into the main input to get the main output low level signal to my subwoofer Amp. When trying to tune my LC8i and the the right voltage, it will barely move and then it just goes sky high and back down. The maximized light is on almost immediately. I'm so confused. I can't really run the 40hz at -5db tone bc my Bose front speakers are still connected and I don't want to blow them turning up volume to 75%. Anyone have any ideas or do I have the LC8i wired wrong. Max voltage for LC8i is 8.5Vrms and my Amp goes from .01 -8.0 volts input sensitivity. 

Pop the door panels off and disconnect the speakers I'm not to sure about the line convertor thing but to use that tone that's what your gonna need to do

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

With those bose systems, you have to get your high level input before the factory amplifier. Did you? That might be your problem. 

Also, like @Never Enough Basssaid, disconnect your door speakers. I know it's a pain in the ass, but you'll get a better, more precise tune. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

1 hour ago, LoveMyCar25 said:

Thanks guys for the responses. @DafaselesI'm using 2016-2021 Camaro With BOSE Plug N Play T-Harness With ANC Defeat Harness Kit from $ubthump and it has speaker leads off of it that I ran to my LC8i. I will def unplug the door speakers. 

image.png.83cfae1c8dd10e5e75977d6e964ab5d8.png

I'm going to have to look into that harness. My buddy wants me to install subs into his Escalade with the Bose system. 

@Dafaselesonly thing is, I believe you mentioned to grab the signal before the factory amp, but the harness site says the following.

Note:  New Camaros do Not provide 12v switched power in the trunk for switching on aftermarket amplifiers.  Therefore no switched power is present on the harness. Also note that Bose systems have digital inputs from the radio to the amp, which cannot be interecepted for adding amplifiers.  Therefore our harness borrows the signal 'after' the amp, which is a high power signal--hence no rca jacks. 

Therefore, you will need to use an amp with signal sensing high level input capabilities OR a signal processor with signal sensing input to trigger on your amp.  Also we have found that only the Front channels are strong enough to trigger on an amp. 

Hopefully this is correct. Thoughts?

Well, maybe the newer generation Bose systems are different, but from what I've read is that if you're using an LOC on the bose system, to get the signal before the amplifier because after the amplifier is where the system starts to send out the weird crossovers and filters that they use. Granted, the information I've seen is for gen 3 Escalades (I think that's the one). 

The video I watched from 5 star said to pop up the cup holders in the center console and Intercept them there. Granted, that's an escalade, not a camero. 

Archived