Sonic Electronix

Hello I'm new to the group and I need some assistance badly.  I have a 2017 f150 crew cab and 2 years ago I cut a hole the size of a box I had and shoved it in and bam I was happy for a little bit lol.  Right now I'm running 2 10s.  I want to upgrade to 2 15s and my orion hcca 5000.1 amp I've had for years and never used.  I don't know what kind of box I should build the box would definitely stay in the truck bed and I'd like to keep the hole I already cut which is 33wide x 15 tall as the port.  I'm willing to pay someone to design it for me and ill build it.   Also I'd like the subs to be in the truck bed.  Attached is a couple pics of current box- minus the  beauty panels.   O yeah I listen to everything from classic rock to rap to dubstep to bass tracks.   Thanks for your time 

16321529449224493204394405157401.jpg

16321529757003772806474583638258.jpg

Idk about box design but u can keep those dimensions but it'll have to be deeper and you can go subs up and port in the cabin so there's your starting point if that helps

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

As far as box type, usually for blow through applications, people either use a 4th order bandpass or a 6th order bandpass. That hole will probably be too big for whatever port you need, but that's not a big deal. As long as it's waterproof, you can always make a beauty panel. 

As far as design, sorry, I can't help you with that. I've tried and I can't design a box to save my life. Hopefully someone in here can help with that. Or, if you download winSID, or hornresp, and have patience for that sort of thing, you could design your own, depending on what subs you get. From what I understand, 4th order bandpass boxes are easier to design. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived