Second Skin Audio

Budget sub for 500w RMS

CorNut

2 minutes ago, CorNut said:

Thank you, that's good knowledge to have even though I don't understand QTS

Meh. You don't need to understand how that value is calculated with motor strength and electrical whatsitwhosits.... just remember what those certain values tell us. 

Now, obviously any speaker is going to work on any type of enclosure. They just do what they're told. But those values just tell us what that specific driver is better at. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

3 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Meh. You don't need to understand how that value is calculated with motor strength and electrical whatsitwhosits.... just remember what those certain values tell us. 

Now, obviously any speaker is going to work on any type of enclosure. They just do what they're told. But those values just tell us what that specific driver is better at. 

If you had to choose, it appears the incriminator i10 and i12 are the same RMS but I think the 12 had a higher sensitivity & qts. Would you go 12 or 10 with that amp? Either will fit, there's plenty of height where it's going. I was thinking about going ported but maybe I'll give that sealed .47 qts+ a try.

Seeing the same RMS seems odd, but if it's true would the 12 still get pushed just as easily?

The 10 will have tighter bass it's all your preference 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

1 hour ago, CorNut said:

If you had to choose, it appears the incriminator i10 and i12 are the same RMS but I think the 12 had a higher sensitivity & qts. Would you go 12 or 10 with that amp? Either will fit, there's plenty of height where it's going. I was thinking about going ported but maybe I'll give that sealed .47 qts+ a try.

Seeing the same RMS seems odd, but if it's true would the 12 still get pushed just as easily?

I would personally pick the 12. The QTS is a little higher so (as far as the numbers) it would perform better in a sealed enclosure. It has a little lower FS, so it can play lower with less stress on the driver. And the SPL is a tad higher, so it's (supposedly) a more efficient driver at high volumes. But all that is expected with the bigger driver. 

Seeing the same RMS is pretty normal. Those Incriminator subs have a reputation for being underrated, so really, 500 watts RMS is an understatement for either. But that amp will do just fine with those subs. 

2 minutes ago, CorNut said:

I ordered the incriminator i12

Hope you enjoy it

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

1 hour ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Hope you enjoy it

Most systems I do aren't for me, I just enjoy installing.

This setup is costing under $500 for a 5ch amp, sub and mids (front Infinity ref. 6x9 components & rear Infinity 5.25 coax). After the cost of a box it'll be right at $500.

For what they're spending, I think she'll enjoy it.

12 minutes ago, CorNut said:

This setup is costing under $500 for a 5ch amp, sub and mids (front Infinity ref. 6x9 components & rear Infinity 5.25 coax). After the cost of a box it'll be right at $500.

That's still pretty cheap for an upgrade build. Should sound pretty damn nice though! I've heard nothing but good things about that infinity stuff as well. Should be a fun little project

39 minutes ago, CorNut said:

Yea I enjoy installs to if nobody comes for an install for awhile I usually end up upgrading my own stuff just because lol

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt