High output alt 91 isuzu pickup 2.6l?

Hey guys, I could use some direction here. I have a 91 isuzu pickup that my dad bought when he was 18 and gave to me when I turned 18. We've worked on it together over the last few years, which has been fun. (4) Treo 15 SSX15.11 subs on (4) Skar Rp2k amps, (2) XSPower D3100's, and a bunch of 1/0 SA wire (don't remember how much, just know that it was expensive and used more than (1) 50ft roll). I'm finally tired of voltage drops and want to upgrade the alternator. It currently has a 120 or 130 on it (it's been awhile). I've searched high and low online for a 300+ alt for a 91 isuzu 2.6l is with no luck. Anyone know of an alt for another vehicle I could swap in? I've never replaced an alternator, but can wrench when I have to. Is it a difficult process to put in an alternator that's designed for another vehicle (under normal circumstances)? Any and all help would be awesome guys. 

Also, build might change to 2 18's and different amps soon, unsure of the future of the system.

What all places have you looked at there's mechman, singer, js alternator, brand x, and there's more have u tried these places

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

38 minutes ago, SlammedRides said:

Hey guys, I could use some direction here. I have a 91 isuzu pickup that my dad bought when he was 18 and gave to me when I turned 18. We've worked on it together over the last few years, which has been fun. (4) Treo 15 SSX15.11 subs on (4) Skar Rp2k amps, (2) XSPower D3100's, and a bunch of 1/0 SA wire (don't remember how much, just know that it was expensive and used more than (1) 50ft roll). I'm finally tired of voltage drops and want to upgrade the alternator. It currently has a 120 or 130 on it (it's been awhile). I've searched high and low online for a 300+ alt for a 91 isuzu 2.6l is with no luck. Anyone know of an alt for another vehicle I could swap in? I've never replaced an alternator, but can wrench when I have to. Is it a difficult process to put in an alternator that's designed for another vehicle (under normal circumstances)? Any and all help would be awesome guys. 

Also, build might change to 2 18's and different amps soon, unsure of the future of the system.

Just to add to what @Never Enough Basssaid, they might not have your specific alternator, but if you reach out to them, they might be able to make you a custom alt for your truck. Another to try is autotech engineering. 

Another thing that will help big time is going lithium. The lithium batteries have a way faster charge and discharge rate than AGM batteries. You can't put them under the hood for heat reasons, but a battery delete is easy. 

Because if the size of your system, and being a smaller engine, you might have to run 2 alternators (depending on how big or even if they can make you a custom alternator). So just keep that in the back of your mind. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

7 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Just to add to what @Never Enough Basssaid, they might not have your specific alternator, but if you reach out to them, they might be able to make you a custom alt for your truck. Another to try is autotech engineering. 

Another thing that will help big time is going lithium. The lithium batteries have a way faster charge and discharge rate than AGM batteries. You can't put them under the hood for heat reasons, but a battery delete is easy. 

Because if the size of your system, and being a smaller engine, you might have to run 2 alternators (depending on how big or even if they can make you a custom alternator). So just keep that in the back of your mind. 

I will say...never go Auto Tech. Its cheap bc it's junk.

Brand X is the way to go, they'll be my alt when I finally upgrade. When Wolfram was selling alts their alts were really just Brand X, which many didn't realize. 

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

45 minutes ago, Baydestrian said:

Brand X is the way to go, they'll be my alt when I finally upgrade. When Wolfram was selling alts their alts were really just Brand X, which many didn't realize. 

Right on. Good to know. I don't have any real world experience with them, but I see on Instagram them doing a lot of custom alternator builds. But if it sucks, it sucks

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

2 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Right on. Good to know. I don't have any real world experience with them, but I see on Instagram them doing a lot of custom alternator builds. But if it sucks, it sucks

Yeah my boy in Sac is a Brand X retailer and the amount of people who come back to him bc they chose to go Auto Tech and it broke shortly after is endless

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

On 9/24/2021 at 10:26 AM, Never Enough Bass said:

What all places have you looked at there's mechman, singer, js alternator, brand x, and there's more have u tried these places

I had looked at mechman and a few others (don't remember off the top of my head), but mechman didn't have one for my vehicle. Thanks for the places to look!

On 9/24/2021 at 10:43 AM, Dafaseles said:

Thanks for pointing out that I should reach out, didn't consider that. I wasn't sure (as I haven't messed with alts before) if there was ANY interchangeability between different vehicle's alts. 

On 9/24/2021 at 3:23 PM, Kyblack76 said:

Where are you wired nominally.?? Cant imagine you need a ton more reserve. Just because you drop to battery voltage, isnt the end of the world, unless you compete. 

The two XS are tied in with the truck start batt (some u-pull-it battery that was almost new) which are all then to the alt (120~amp, don't remember exactly), radio uses stock wiring, amps are going to the (2) XS batteries, and the little things (amp relays/LED's/extras) are to the front battery. I kind of beat on the system as my daily more than I should, to be honest. So while I don't compete, I still use it quite a bit and would like to be able to bump for a longer period of time. The rule of thumb I was told growing up was to back off when it got to 12v ish, so my goal was to do whatever was necessary to keep it above 12v for as long as possible. Back before I got the XS batteries, I had 4 car batteries chained and I could get 15 seconds of solid thumping before it was at 12v. Switched to the XS batteries and I could get 45-60 seconds. I figured an alt that could keep up with an 8k~ system would help. 

On 9/24/2021 at 6:41 PM, Baydestrian said:

Not sure who told you this but it's far from true. Autotech makes great products 

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived