8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

1 hour ago, 16jkur said:

Is having a tuned custom box expensive?

It can be, depending on who's building it. But if you have even a little bit of skill with wood (you don't need a lot) you can build your own. 

First you have to find someone to design you a good box. If they don't ask you what amplifier you're using to power the sub, that's not a good design. How much power you feed the subwoofer is important. 

Try to find someone who can also give you a cut sheet. The cut sheet will have all the different cuts to make on the 4'×8' sheet of wood (3/4" MDF or Baltic Birch seem to be the most used). Take that cut sheet to a lumberyard or someplace that will cut the wood for you. Get the pieces cut you need, take them home, glue it and screw it! Done and done! You have yourself a great sounding custom box. 

There are also tons upon tons of videos on YouTube that you can watch that will explain step by step in how to get it done. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

33 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

It can be, depending on who's building it. But if you have even a little bit of skill with wood (you don't need a lot) you can build your own. 

First you have to find someone to design you a good box. If they don't ask you what amplifier you're using to power the sub, that's not a good design. How much power you feed the subwoofer is important. 

Try to find someone who can also give you a cut sheet. The cut sheet will have all the different cuts to make on the 4'×8' sheet of wood (3/4" MDF or Baltic Birch seem to be the most used). Take that cut sheet to a lumberyard or someplace that will cut the wood for you. Get the pieces cut you need, take them home, glue it and screw it! Done and done! You have yourself a great sounding custom box. 

There are also tons upon tons of videos on YouTube that you can watch that will explain step by step in how to get it done. 

Ah that seems like a lot of work right now.

Perhaps later.  I think I'll be happy with the box kicker made for now.

The Kicker CXA amps aren't correctly rated at 1 ohm for some reason. The new CXA amps are 1-ohm stable but they underrate them by putting the 2-ohm numbers/specs on 1-ohm. Check video dynos of the CXA amps at 1-ohm, you'll be amazed. I've installed one of the CXA-800's, it easily pushes a Sundown SA-10 at 1-ohm.

The CXA amps aren't perfect, they have a fixed subsonic filter and you have to buy the bass knob separately which hurts the value. I've bought a few CXA's, they're a great amp for budget projects.

1 hour ago, 16jkur said:

Just installed my amp and sub.

When I plug the remote bass all the way in, it makes no noise on any gains.

When halfway plugged in, it's loud, and bass knob doesn't work.

What went wrong?

Any ideas?

Are you sure it's plugged in all the way? 

Is the bass knob turned up? 

Did you try wiggling the connection in the amp to see if it's loose? 

When I have some time, I'll download the manual and see if I see anything. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Cord may be bad to u have a different cord

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's