Sonic Electronix

Music shorting and amp going into protect

Faulty Equipment or Faulty Installation

Hey guys, i need some help. I brought equipment new about a month ago and only had time to install it today. Car is a nissan tiida sedan and a front stage only was done in stereo. Gains was set with the onboard clipping indicator on amp.
What was used- jl audio jd 400.4 new
Pair Resilient sounds 6.5 75rms each 4ohm speaker new
Pair of silk dome tweeters 50rms each new
Nvx 0gauge ofc silver tinned
Used pioneer 80prs from my previous install which had no issues known.
Xfire RCAs new.
Ofc 16 gauge for speaker runs

Whats going on: system powers on fine and plays, once i reach half volume or above on the head unit the mids and highs cuts on and off or shorts and the amp goes into protect. I used a seat belt bolt in the back (sanded) for ground for the amp. When i set the gains playing a 1000hz tone without the speakers connected it did not go into protect, Only when playing music. The deck isnt cutting on and off, it remains on like normal when the shorting starts.
Any assistance is appreciated.

Go over all your wires again

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Is your wiring routed so it could possibly getting pinched somehow or somwhere (i.e.  door jamb, trim etc... when the doors are closed). 

Still seems wiring. Bad wire. Open wire, Loose connection. Something along those lines when you close your doors. Try one door at a time and see if you can isolate it to one door and re check that sides wiring.

8 minutes ago, itsjeremy87 said:

Is your wiring routed so it could possibly getting pinched somehow or somwhere (i.e.  door jamb, trim etc... when the doors are closed). 

Still seems wiring. Bad wire. Open wire, Loose connection. Something along those lines when you close your doors. Try one door at a time and see if you can isolate it to one door and re check that sides wiring.

I tried. It happens with both doors. When both are open,it plays fine. The wire it ran alongside the grommet. Is there any way to easily run it through the grommet? 

Archived