Need help truck broke down

I just installed my 390 amp alternator yesterday drove to work last night just fine on the way home this morning mids/highs amp started going into protect then head unit starting turning off and on it was reading 14.5 and then truck shut off and now reading 9v and will not take a jump start.  Couldn’t find a blown fuse I’m only running 1 batt currently as my xs 3400 is getting here Friday. Any ideas why battery just drained all of the sudden and didn’t charge and when trying to jump start it won’t even click 

41 minutes ago, Marchant89 said:

I just installed my 390 amp alternator yesterday drove to work last night just fine on the way home this morning mids/highs amp started going into protect then head unit starting turning off and on it was reading 14.5 and then truck shut off and now reading 9v and will not take a jump start.  Couldn’t find a blown fuse I’m only running 1 batt currently as my xs 3400 is getting here Friday. Any ideas why battery just drained all of the sudden and didn’t charge and when trying to jump start it won’t even click 

Can you manually charge the battery? 

If you can, remove it, charge the battery, let it sit 24 hours then check it again. If the voltage is pretty much the same, the battery is fine. 

I'm guessing it's the alternator though. Everything worked fine until you installed it. Check all the wiring, make sure it's tight and making a good connection everywhere you need it to. Positives and negatives. 

Make sure you have the right size hole in your ring terminal connected to the alternator. I've seen people use the bigger size and it doesn't make a good connection at all, and causes heat and charging issues. 

Double/ triple check that the wiring is all correct. I know it's a pain to do, but you have to. 

Make sure (and this happened to me) that your positive run is not damaged. I burned through mine the first time and had to upgrade the wire. Almost burned down my truck. So the same for the negative run

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Did you check all connections, doesn’t make sense it won’t take a jump that has nothing to do with the ALT . But I’d recheck every connection and you need more then 1 battery with a 390 AMP ALT we all no that . Maybe the smaller pulley is putting shit into protect mode . 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Archived