Still getting low voltage

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only video I’ve ever found was a guy running a 270 on the 7500 older sundown amp and he had 2 limitless 45ah’s and his voltage would stay low 13’s- high 12’s. Not sure how the 6k compares to the 45ah’s. Also that 7500 probably drew a little more than the salt. 

56 minutes ago, Scottylaw said:

Only video I’ve ever found was a guy running a 270 on the 7500 older sundown amp and he had 2 limitless 45ah’s and his voltage would stay low 13’s- high 12’s. Not sure how the 6k compares to the 45ah’s. Also that 7500 probably drew a little more than the salt. 

Yeah, that older 7500 had to be way less efficient than the SALT amps. Those SALT amps will surprise you with how efficient they are. I know the SALT 2 is like 85% efficient at 1 ohm or something like that. 

Anyway, if I had to guess (because Limitless doesn't post the ah of the Cyber batteries for comparison) the 6k is close to the equivalent of a single 45ah. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

32 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Yeah, that older 7500 had to be way less efficient than the SALT amps. Those SALT amps will surprise you with how efficient they are. I know the SALT 2 is like 85% efficient at 1 ohm or something like that. 

Anyway, if I had to guess (because Limitless doesn't post the ah of the Cyber batteries for comparison) the 6k is close to the equivalent of a single 45ah. 

That’s what’s crazy is the cyber6k is only like 16ah….so not sure how that works. So like 700$ for 16ah or 1000$ for 45ah.. there’s got to be more to the 6k that makes it good. The 12k is 38ah and supports 10-14k watts. It’s 1000$ where as the 1000$ 45ah supports 8500 watts. They really need to tell us the benefits over the other models. Doesn’t make any sense to me. 

1 minute ago, Scottylaw said:

That’s what’s crazy is the cyber6k is only like 16ah….so not sure how that works. So like 700$ for 16ah or 1000$ for 45ah.. there’s got to be more to the 6k that makes it good. The 12k is 38ah and supports 10-14k watts. It’s 1000$ where as the 1000$ 45ah supports 8500 watts. They really need to tell us the benefits over the other models. Doesn’t make any sense to me. 

And they're all LifePo4. I'm with you dude. What makes the Cyber series so different with less ah? I couldn't find the ah of the cyber batteries for the life of me 🤣 I even read somewhere (I think actually on the Limitless website) that the 6k was supposed to replace the 45ah pack. That made me think that they where similar in performance

I’ve been watching videos on these pretty much all lastnight and this morning. I don’t think it’s the way to go. I think the ah of the cybers is what’s holding them back. From what I’ve seen they hold good for about 30 seconds. After that you are back down to normal agm numbers. Who listens to music loud for 30 seconds?  The guy in that video has dual alternators and 2 12ks now. I seen another with a guy who’s “friend” has a 12k on salt8 with dual 320amp alts. Full tilt still in 11’s. Most of the people say it’s better to go with 100ah yinlong over the cyber12k. So I’m gonna keep looking into it. I’m not spending 700$ just to be in the same situation with less weight lol. I think the cybers are just really hyped up at this point. Maybe I’m wrong. I also emailed limitless to get some more info on the cyber series. 

27 minutes ago, Scottylaw said:

I’ve been watching videos on these pretty much all lastnight and this morning. I don’t think it’s the way to go. I think the ah of the cybers is what’s holding them back. From what I’ve seen they hold good for about 30 seconds. After that you are back down to normal agm numbers. Who listens to music loud for 30 seconds?  The guy in that video has dual alternators and 2 12ks now. I seen another with a guy who’s “friend” has a 12k on salt8 with dual 320amp alts. Full tilt still in 11’s. Most of the people say it’s better to go with 100ah yinlong over the cyber12k. So I’m gonna keep looking into it. I’m not spending 700$ just to be in the same situation with less weight lol. I think the cybers are just really hyped up at this point. Maybe I’m wrong. I also emailed limitless to get some more info on the cyber series. 

I've emailed them before. Hopefully you have better luck than I have.

I've heard people say over and over building your own bank is the way to go. I wasn't up for the challenge though. At least not right now lol. 

Archived