Sonic Electronix

I called around a bunch of shops to quote me on sound deadening, and most were in the $500 to $1,000 range.  Which is a lot more than I expected.

Luckily I own a jeep and the carpets are somewhat easily removed.  The chairs are not easily removed.

Would it make a difference if I applied some mats under the carpet where the floor mats would be?  

I also considered applying some top my hardtop, but it is fiberglass and I would need something to cover the unsightly mat.

Next weekend I'm going to youtube some videos on how to remove my door panels and do the inside.

Down4sound has some cool looking deadner u could put up top and good sound deadner isn't cheap

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Soundskins has several pre-cut sheets for the doors and floor of various Jeep models as well if you wanted to go a simple peel and stick route.

I can easily see why your local shops are quoting that high. I know I've spent 500+ on just materials sound deadening my Elantra and while it isn't hard at all to apply, it is extremely time intensive.

I've done mine over several sessions with the longest being the main interior with pulling the door panels, seats/carpets etc. That day was easily 12 hours plus of deadening.

For ease and the fused acoustic foam layer I liked soundskins, for quality and price point I think Second Skin Damplifier Pro is officially my new go to. Make sure to get a little more than you need to always have some extra on hand for the future as well.

I've spent almost 300 on materials just doing the trunk of my dodge charger and a good 8 9 hours doing it

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

29 minutes ago, 16jkur said:

Wow I didn't know it would be this labor intensive.

Is one of those things that aren't particularly hard to do, it just takes a good amount of time to get it right

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I mean u can do it quick as long as u don't care if it's done right

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's