Sonic Electronix

How to properly set the DD-1

Thank you guys. So let me go into further detail here to explain the issue this vehicle has. Hopefully someone can help me resolve it.

When I remove 200A monster fuse from the car completely the voltage will stay at 14.2v with the car running.

As soon as I re-install the 200A monster fuse in the car, the voltage drops to 12.72v then as the car runs it will drop to 12.48 and keep on dropping. As the car runs idle while sitting in traffic or at a light the voltage will continue to drop this is a problem especially if you hit heavy traffic.

This only happens when the 200A monster fuse is connected.

Its strange, but I will have to record a video and show it to you as it happens. The longer the vehicle runs without the RPM being pushed up the more voltage the car will drop according to the DIC and again it only happens when the sub amp has power thru the 200A fuse. The alternator is brand new and the battery is brand new. I have went thru 4 alternators and 3 batteries already related to what occurs with this car when the KAC-9106D sub amp is connected.

If anyone can help me fix this it would be greatly appreciated. I don't understand why this happens.

I will upload the video here pretty soon to show it to you.

That sounds like a grounding issue after the fuse. 

I assume the fuse is for your amplifier? 

How is your amplifier grounded? 

You only have a single battery under the hood, correct? 

What year corvette is it? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Go threw your connections again make sure there tight and not touching anything else and check the resistance if that's all good try another amp

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Here is where I set the amp. Please watch it and tell me if I missed anything or did anything incorrectly. My Subwoofer frequency defaults to 80 hz -18 which is why you'll see me change it back. I was flattening everything. Should I turn this to off when I am setting the gain? You can hear the way this sounds as its adjusted in the video.

Image 1 is how I had the SMD DD-1 connected during configuration.

Image 2 is what it looks like after configuration.

I am fixing to take the car out and drive it to show you how the voltage will decreases over time.

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2199.JPG

Here is the video showing the gain being set and what happens when I try to introduce even a +1 SLA into the system on any source.

The video uploads are still processing so give it time to update the video qualities. I just wanted to have them available to see if I am doing anything wrong when I set this. Should my Subwoofer Frequency be set to off or the default of 80hz -18? It defaults the sub to 80 hz -18.

The next video will show you the voltage drops.

What is that SLA mean? I wouldn't use it. You can hear the distortion through my phone. 

I know you where just showing what you where doing, but when you say gains and stuff, disconnect the sub so you don't blow it. 

Your voltage shouldn't drop like crazy just off of a 500 watt 4 ohm load. If it doesn't happen when you disconnect the sub amp, I'm assuming the problem lies after that fuse. 

How do you have your amplifier grounded/ where is it grounded? 

What year corvette is it? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

SLA is source level adjustment. Its used for setting different source level volumes on different sources to match the AM/FM radio volume.

Sorry for such confusion here, but I notice in the manual it says

10. Set the headunit's bass, treble, EQ, crossovers to flat.

The headunit defaults on a factory reset to front HPF off, rear HPF off, and LPF sub to 80 Hz -18. Is this the right setting or should I also turn off the LPF frequency off too before I adjust the gains?

I'm not sure where the amp ground is on the car since I let a shop do the install years ago. I will have to investigate this further and report back. 

The sound you could hear in the video was actually my alpine 610c's, because the headunit defaults to turning off all HPF frequencies. The sub itself was disconnected. That was actually the mids and highs at 59.

The car is a 2001 C5 Corvette. The 200A monster fuse is connected to the read power wire going to the fuse.

The sla probably makes the distortion not all headunits have clean power with it on flat is your eq settings have them at 0 not -10 the lpf and hpf shouldn't matter turn off all bass boosts loudness and so on

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt