Sonic Electronix

How to properly set the DD-1

All bass boost and loudness off no sla if it's not loud enough it's time to upgrade

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DD1User001 said:

Will do, thank you. I'm fixing to go run some errands so I will get to see how the car reacts without any SLA or the max distortion settings I was using before. Thank you all for explaining how that was hurting my system performance by introducing more distortion.

Measure the resistance on your grounds to it should be as close to 0 as possible 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Ok,I asked what year because after 2006 GM started using a voltage controller. You shouldn't have one. 

Leave your LPF for your sub at 80. That's perfect. The -18 is the slope. So at 80 hz, the LPF kicks in and everything above 80 hz starts to decrease at 18 db per octave. 

I would also set a HPF on your door speakers to 100-120 hz so they don't play the low notes your subwoofer should be handling. Playing that low can damage those speakers, if they're not already damaged. 

How long has this system been in the car? Is this voltage issue new? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Since you asked about the setup.

I bought this entire setup back in August of 2016. I first replaced the old stock system with a $100 8" bazooka tube and the default bose speakers. The setup before this never caused me any issues. The last image is what is in the doors now "Alpine 610c's". I believe the rear speakers are factory bose.

I wish I could fit something better, but a C5 has serious box size limitations and I have never found a full size box that would work for it to really make the bass come alive in this car. I'd prefer to use full size subs for more bass if I could. I just need a better box for the car.

I drove the car today with everything flat including all the other filters turned off as suggested and so far the car doesn't throw any charging system faults. The gain at everything flat on -5 Db is just a tad under half way on the gain.

The issue has been happening for years, but no one has been able to solve it. Whatever is going on has cost me 3 batteries and 4 alternators over the course of 5 years.

g130X6800BS-F.jpg

81HXQoKTDWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

710niQXCudL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

s-l300.jpg

71qnFD325wL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Gotta build a box

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

1 hour ago, DD1User001 said:

When I am talking about the gain at half with everything flat I mean this.

91XqsO5OAXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So, I don't know what you mean by flat, but the LPF frequency should be set around 80 hz. You have this setting on your head unit, I know, but I would set both the same. Bass boost should be at 0. If the bass boost is at 0, then that next knob doesn't work, and your input sensitivity should be set correctly using a DD-1, oscilloscope, or DMM. 

You shouldn't, but in your batteries ground wire, that should go from the negative terminal to the engine block, is there a little plastic "ring"?

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived