Second Skin Audio

Center port instead of right side

Zim819

I have a 2011 Ford E250 that is my work/daily driver. 

I have dual 2ohm 15 inch Incriminator Audio leathal injections

I’ve one been running a single at 1 ohm in a pre fab Atrend WDX15SV box. 

I’ve made designs before online but haven’t ever built any of my own. I do have a couple of different design that I’ve made on sub box pro. 

I purchased a box design from ct sounds for two 15’s an build it. It’s more than I want in between the two front seats. I now want to get rid of my divider and build a wall. 

I know I will lose some storage in the back, that will get figured out with new rearrangements down the road, after wall is in. 

The specs for the IA LID2  call for 3.5 cf to 4 cf with a port of 48” to 56” tuned to 35hz  I went on the larger side in designing them. The single cabinet is (net)4.8 cf with a port area of 76.8 

I also designed a dual wall that is (net)9.6 cf with port area of 153.6

All tuned to 35hz

I have a question that I can’t find answers to or maybe not looking in the correct place. 

I would like to have the port in the middle but not 100% on how to make that happen. Do I build two of the single cabinets and join them.?  I’d like to have one port. If I joined them I’d like to remove the end pieces of both an have them be one. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks,

Zim

I will be upgrading by doing the big 3, my amplifier, door speakers and an extra battery new runs of wire as this progresses. I also plan to second skin my front cabin before I start the build. 

2011 Ford E250 

Pioneer Double Din MVH1400NEX

Rockford Fosgate P1683 Punch 6x8

Sky high RCA’s 

Sound box 0 gauge wire 

1 15 Incriminator Audio Leathal injection 

Wired to 1 ohm 

Incriminator Audio IA10.1 

8 gauge Sky high speaker wire 

Slam Panda Volt meter bass Knob 

With multiple subwoofers, center port is best. If you have multiple subwoofers with a shared port, whichever one is closer to the mouth of the port will load/respond differently vs the one that's further away. You want the box to be symmetrical so the subs are in unison.

Archived