Second Skin Audio

Looking to get the absolute best bass response out of my Rockford Fosgate P3-12D4s.

Mason Denk

Hello fellow bassheads! I am looking to create a subwoofer enclosure for two Rockford p3 12s. The resonant frequency is 27.7hz. Is that what I should tune this box to? Or is there another frequency that will help with my goal of dominating those low notes? Thank you to all who respond! Have a good day! - Mason

Download WinsId on your computer. You can actually graph out a projected frequency response to certain criteria on a box. Then you can decide what you would like the most. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I am currently using kickers KickerU off my phone, and it already has given me a box with dimensions and a rendering for these subwoofers. I was just wondering if the resonant frequency is what I should tune the box to for maximum low note response. I mean, I'm asking if 27hz tune sounds good to someone with a lot more experience than me since I am a lot younger. But thanks for the info! I will probably start using this program, since it is better than using my phone.

4 minutes ago, Mason Denk said:

I am currently using kickers KickerU off my phone, and it already has given me a box with dimensions and a rendering for these subwoofers. I was just wondering if the resonant frequency is what I should tune the box to for maximum low note response. I mean, I'm asking if 27hz tune sounds good to someone with a lot more experience than me since I am a lot younger. But thanks for the info! I will probably start using this program, since it is better than using my phone.

The FS is an aid amongst other values in the T/S parameters that aid in the response a certain enclosure will give, but no, tuning to the exact Fs usually will not be the most absolute optimum tuning. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

That seems like a crazy low FS for these drivers, with only 13.9mm Xmax you will want to tune low if thats your want from these. I had 2 in a qbomb 12XL box (yes I know prefab but I was newer yet) which is tuned to 42HZ (never double checked) and they loved it. I would tune to ~33 however I'm still wet behind the ears.

I tune all my boxes to 32 or 34 hz

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400