Second Skin Audio

NEED WinISD HELP! SA12 4th Order Box and Port Diminsions PLEASE??

bassR

I am having the most trouble with WinISD and Sub Box Pro I think it was. I have a 2003 Lexus IS300 with the perfect trunk access through the rear armrest and want to put my single Sundown SA12D2 3rd rev into a 4th order bandpass box with the port coming 2-5" out of the box and into the rear armrest and seal off the trunk. I am running a Audiopipe class D mono sub amp with 900 watts RMS at 1 ohm. I have room for the box to be 30" wide x 14" tall x 17" deep. Any help is greatly appreciated. I listen to all genres of music but mostly hip hop and I do have a subsonic filter besides the LPF. I am running Skar 6.5" components up front and Skar 6.5" mids (not coaxial) in the rear on a DB Drive 5 channel with the sub powering a 6.5" Audiopipe BD4 that I have yet to install and will need to find a place to put it along with a sealed enclosure for my high bass and therefore am not afraid to have a lower freq bandpass from the 4th order enclosure. Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Thank You as well as any advice anyone has for placement of the 6BD4 D2 Audiopipe that will run on the sub channel of the BD Drive amp...?

5 hours ago, bassR said:

I am having the most trouble with WinISD and Sub Box Pro I think it was. I have a 2003 Lexus IS300 with the perfect trunk access through the rear armrest and want to put my single Sundown SA12D2 3rd rev into a 4th order bandpass box with the port coming 2-5" out of the box and into the rear armrest and seal off the trunk. I am running a Audiopipe class D mono sub amp with 900 watts RMS at 1 ohm. I have room for the box to be 30" wide x 14" tall x 17" deep. Any help is greatly appreciated. I listen to all genres of music but mostly hip hop and I do have a subsonic filter besides the LPF. I am running Skar 6.5" components up front and Skar 6.5" mids (not coaxial) in the rear on a DB Drive 5 channel with the sub powering a 6.5" Audiopipe BD4 that I have yet to install and will need to find a place to put it along with a sealed enclosure for my high bass and therefore am not afraid to have a lower freq bandpass from the 4th order enclosure. Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Thank You as well as any advice anyone has for placement of the 6BD4 D2 Audiopipe that will run on the sub channel of the BD Drive amp...?

There's no need for that 6.5" sub first of all. That SA 12 will can handle all that frequency itself. That 6.5 would be pointless and just taking up space. 

And those measurements you listed, before sub displacement and a second wall displacement, that gives you 3.2 cubic feet total. 

Do you know how many cubic feet you want your sealed section to be? Do you know what frequency you'd want your ported side tuned to? (Usually for 4th orders it would be around 45 hz) 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Sa specs in a sealed box are .75 cu ft at least my v2's was

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

I completely agree with Dafaseles, you don't need that 6.5" sub.  

What is the dimensions of your armrest opening?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Your right it is 1 cu

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

so would I start with thr manufacturers recommended sealed side of 1 cube and then try different volumes for the ported side until I reach the most output and then adjust the port accordingly to the shortest length that eliminates port noise or is anyone willing and able to punch the numbers in winisd or comparable and lmk the ideal volumes and port size/length?? Any help is greatly appreciated and then I'm a little on the fence of baffle placement with the trunk space symmetrical and the port fixed in the center to line up with the armrest of the rear seat, I am inverting the sub which helps offset the difference between the sealed side being smaller, but do I not want the port directly in front of the sub if in my case it would be the magnet/motor which is pole vented so it seems it would be okay compared to being in front of the dust cap if it wasn't inverted...? Otherwise, I believe I would need to maybe angle the baffle or put it perpendicular to the port?? 

I crunched some number is Win ISD real quick.  I'd shoot for 1.2 cu feet sealed and about 2 cu ft ported size tuned to 45 Hz.  40 sq in of port area would be the minimum and 50 would be even better.  This is going to make for a fairly long port though so fitting everything in the space you have available is going to be the challenge.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

and if the sealed side is one cube, then the center frequency of the sealed side would be 44.58hz so the ported side would need to be tuned to that for the best result...? and I planned on using a round port for the least resistance and ease of installation with several inches outside the box to carry it through the blow thru and keep the ported side smaller by reducing the displacement needed but is there a certain diameter that will work best for my application or I should say, what diameter is the best for it?? thx again

so that would be an 8" diameter port to get the 50 sq in?? how long would that need to be in a 1.2/2 box and is that possible with only 3.2 total area to work with due to the box material volume, sub and port displacement? I can have the majority of the port outside of the box even if it came 8-12" into the back seat as I don't have kids or anything back there that's important. lol

Archived