Sonic Electronix

New build is having an issue and I can't seem to troubleshoot it

Hey guys,

Sorry if this isn't the right section of the forums for troubleshooting issues but I did not see anything that seemed like a better option than this. I just hooked up my new stuff and everything seems to turn on and stay on fine. But the problem is it is just not very loud. Like somewhere something is not getting enough power. Any music seems like its a 100 watt system and not 1200. 

If I were to guess it is probably my janky speaker terminals or the ground isnt good enough. I tried a different ground and that didn't help.

Build is Skar 1200.1 wired to 1 ohm 

12" DC Level 3

Here are some general pictures that may help someone find where my issue lies:

a0o105d.jpeg

p6IoMV4.jpeg

rcK95l2.jpeg

If0tnIL.jpeg

tKLrIc7.jpeg

IRvJKIE.jpeg

xbVNODm.jpeg

gfXFzUu.jpeg

zdaRFwd.jpeg

p27r4Qr.jpeg

12 minutes ago, PooThenPee said:

Hey guys,

Sorry if this isn't the right section of the forums for troubleshooting issues but I did not see anything that seemed like a better option than this. I just hooked up my new stuff and everything seems to turn on and stay on fine. But the problem is it is just not very loud. Like somewhere something is not getting enough power. Any music seems like its a 100 watt system and not 1200. 

If I were to guess it is probably my janky speaker terminals or the ground isnt good enough. I tried a different ground and that didn't help.

Build is Skar 1200.1 wired to 1 ohm 

12" DC Level 3

Here are some general pictures that may help someone find where my issue lies:

a0o105d.jpeg

p6IoMV4.jpeg

rcK95l2.jpeg

If0tnIL.jpeg

tKLrIc7.jpeg

IRvJKIE.jpeg

xbVNODm.jpeg

gfXFzUu.jpeg

zdaRFwd.jpeg

p27r4Qr.jpeg

What's it wired to is that a frame ground and is the paint scrapped off of it to bare metal

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

How did u set your gains

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Just now, Never Enough Bass said:

How did u set your gains

I seen a couple places online say a good place to start for my LPF is about 80 and for my subsonic about 20ish. I played a 50hz note with volume and knob at my max and turned the gain until it started sounding distorted and then turned it back a hair.

Try turning your head unit to 3/4 volume and eq to flat then set your gain with a dmm if u don't have a dd-1 there's YouTube videos how to do it no bass boost or loudness set it with a -5 db test tone I use a 40hz test tone try that and see if that works if not come back and I'll try to help u more what headunit do u have and how big is the box and whats it tuned to

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

How is your sub wired what ohm is it check all resistance with a dmm and sand that ground to bare metal 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

18 minutes ago, Never Enough Bass said:

How is your sub wired what ohm is it check all resistance with a dmm and sand that ground to bare metal 

I am starting to think it is that ground and I am going to get actual ring terminals for the speaker wire. I have done it this way before and it seemed fine. Sub is wired to 1 ohm, - to - to amp/+ to + to amp.

26 minutes ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Try turning your head unit to 3/4 volume and eq to flat then set your gain with a dmm if u don't have a dd-1 there's YouTube videos how to do it no bass boost or loudness set it with a -5 db test tone I use a 40hz test tone try that and see if that works if not come back and I'll try to help u more what headunit do u have and how big is the box and whats it tuned to

Ok I will try this. Appreciate the help. The box is 1.6 cu tuned to a little over 32. 

edit: the headunit is a 6 year old pioneer double din touch screen but I dont remember the model # 

Ok yea u can check that ground with a dmm to to see if it works just try all those things and let me know

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

29 minutes ago, Never Enough Bass said:

So normally I listen to music through an aux cord and my max vol on a normal day I will go is about 12 out of like 100. Do I really go 3/4 total h/u volume? 

Archived