Sonic Electronix

New build is having an issue and I can't seem to troubleshoot it

2 hours ago, PooThenPee said:

Ok i will try out the dmm tomorrow. My power and ground are 0 ga. My last system was much weaker and was installed by a shop years ago so i have a feeling i will need to do all these upgrades to get the power im expecting. 

These are my battery terminals, the power was just ran from the small stud and there is nothing added to the negative stud. Can i just add a 0 ga from the neg to the chassis and try that? Otherwise I'll have to order more to do the entire big 3, which i will at some point. 20211019_210446.thumb.jpg.64a6ea8128003ad73357ac2419965b4f.jpg

You can try that, but the whole big 3 upgrade will benefit the whole car, not just your system. So the faster you can do it, the better. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Just now, PooThenPee said:

So after wiggling my deck out of my dash I got my model # and it looks like my preamp outs are 2V. Is this my whole issue and if so, what are my options? 

It's not a huge issue if you're not having to max out your gain on your amp to match the voltage. 

But your options are get our new deck with 4-5v preouts, or a line driver

25 minutes ago, PooThenPee said:

So after wiggling my deck out of my dash I got my model # and it looks like my preamp outs are 2V. Is this my whole issue and if so, what are my options? 

Sad

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

23 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

It's not a huge issue if you're not having to max out your gain on your amp to match the voltage. 

But your options are get our new deck with 4-5v preouts, or a line driver

Ok. I am looking at line drivers right now. My amp input sensitivity is 6V ~ 0.2V. I have never used a line driver before but Ill try that. I'll also be ordering more wire for a big 3 upgrade. Thank you.

1 hour ago, PooThenPee said:

Ok. I am looking at line drivers right now. My amp input sensitivity is 6V ~ 0.2V. I have never used a line driver before but Ill try that. I'll also be ordering more wire for a big 3 upgrade. Thank you.

Like I said, that's not a huge issue. A line driver will up your output voltage, so you don't have to turn the gain up as high to match the output voltage of the head unit, but really, as long as you match that voltage, you'll be getting the same amount of wattage 

2 hours ago, PooThenPee said:

Very :( 

My quick little upgrade is turning into a giant headache

Take that headunit back

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run