Powerus 13.5k vs Powerus 8k

Hi there, I wanted to get opinions on whether I should run the powerus 13.5k or 8k. I have 80ah lifepo4 and mechman 400a. I realize 80ah isn't the greatest to run the 13k but I'll be wired up to 1.3 ohms on my subs subs I'm not sure if the 8k will be putting out enough power after rise. Thanks!

80 ah of lithium should run a 13k.

I would say, if you're pushing 12 15's, yeah, that 13k would do nice, but if you've got a single 8", the 13k might be a bit much. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

13 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

How manu subs? 

Doubtful you need even the 8k.  But, what's the rest of the gear?

Running 8 or 13k to one driver? Or ???? How about more info.

I'll be running the 13.5k to three sundown x15s wired to 1.33 ohms. No competitions or burps, just daily driver bangin 

20211022_072948.jpg

20211022_073006.jpg

Your terminations give me anxiety......

More amp overhead is always good. But... There's 2 things to be mindful of with it.

1. You need to be very careful with volume and gain so you don't push into mechanical limits.

2. There's a cost argument.

With that said... I've wired an 8k to a kicker comp back in the day. Never ran into an issue, but I was careful with it. Can push equipment pretty hard with a clean signal, but there will also be no forgiveness if your fingers slip on the volume.

1 hour ago, SnowDrifter said:

Your terminations give me anxiety......

More amp overhead is always good. But... There's 2 things to be mindful of with it.

1. You need to be very careful with volume and gain so you don't push into mechanical limits.

2. There's a cost argument.

With that said... I've wired an 8k to a kicker comp back in the day. Never ran into an issue, but I was careful with it. Can push equipment pretty hard with a clean signal, but there will also be no forgiveness if your fingers slip on the volume.

For sure. And terminations on the alt side? The grounds have wire furreles on them and are crushed down pretty well with all strands inside and the tape on the battery is just to cover up the lugs themselves. I would also be using a dd1 so I would keep the amp turned down so it wouldn't be anywhere near clipping. Also I can get the 13.5k for about $300 more than the 8k.. decisions decisions 

All of them

Alt isn't weather sealed. Bare wire under the hood is a nono

And I know a bench vice crimp when I see one

Get the 8k take the cash you saved, go on ebay, and get a $60 hydraulic crimper. Or a torch and some solder. The connections you ave right now won't hold in the long run.

tl;dr - good terminations are gas tight. Either they're soldered and impermeable. Or crimped so hard the metal cold welds to itself. You should be able to tow a car with your terminations - because they're one material. Not held in place by squeezing something and hoping for the best.

Cut open a good crimp, and it'll just be a solid block of copper

image.png

1 hour ago, SnowDrifter said:

All of them

Alt isn't weather sealed. Bare wire under the hood is a nono

And I know a bench vice crimp when I see one

Get the 8k take the cash you saved, go on ebay, and get a $60 hydraulic crimper. Or a torch and some solder. The connections you ave right now won't hold in the long run.

tl;dr - good terminations are gas tight. Either they're soldered and impermeable. Or crimped so hard the metal cold welds to itself. You should be able to tow a car with your terminations - because they're one material. Not held in place by squeezing something and hoping for the best.

Cut open a good crimp, and it'll just be a solid block of copper

image.png

I did use a crimper but I see what you mean, thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 5:31 AM, Kg2000 said:

I'll be running the 13.5k to three sundown x15s wired to 1.33 ohms. No competitions or burps, just daily driver bangin 

20211022_072948.jpg

20211022_073006.jpg

Wired at 1.3, ya, youll be way fine. You might, see half the power on music. I bet not even that. 

Also, im with homeboy above, your connections,.. uh, spend more time on. Enjoy.

Archived