Second Skin Audio

Rockford Fosgate Punch P1000X5 1000 Watt 5 Channel Amplifier

isaacxapo

First post hopefully y’all can help me… so i installed a system in my 2013 ram 1500 about  a year ago now first time setting up a system using a factory radio head 8.4inch(no factory amp) i used the  AP4-CH41 R.2 from AmpPro i’m a newbie and i set it up kinda rough looking, so yesterday i had some time and disconnected everything and made it look nice. cleaned up the sloppy wiring i did from before.. however whenever i did this i connected everything back up(to exactly how it was) and my Bass is not even close to what it was before I didn’t adjust the settings on my amp or anything like that but it’s noticeably weaker .. i started youtubing everything about amps tried a few little things and i can not get it back to what it used to sound at all .. can any of you please help me figure this out or suggest things to try? Thanks it’ll be much appreciated 

Re check connections

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Yeah dude, sounds like when you reconnected everything, something is loose or not getting the best connection. 

Just to hopefully save you some time, first check the settings on the head unit and make sure nothing got changed to some weird configuration. It's most likely not the case, but still worth checking. 

Next, if you get an RCA jack to some kind of portable source (a phone or an ipod or something) and connect it straight to the amp, bypassing the head unit and LOC, see if the bass goes back to normal. If it does, I'd try changing out your RCA's from the LOC to the amp first (maybe they got damaged). Then, if that didn't work, something isn't right after you reconnected everything. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

It could be a lot of things. I like the idea of running something directly to the amp to see if the issue goes away. If it doesn't go away, my guess is that polarity is off somewhere. 

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

24 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

It could be a lot of things. I like the idea of running something directly to the amp to see if the issue goes away. If it doesn't go away, my guess is that polarity is off somewhere. 

If polarity is off you can just check that with a 9v battery 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400