Second Skin Audio

What am I doing wrong

Marchant89

3 hours ago, Marchant89 said:

@Never Enough Basswell I thought those were related.  I’m not competing just trying to get loud

No not breathing is a lower frequency that's why spl subs frequency is higher if u ever watch competition or whatever the high numbers are like 45hz

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

You might want to try to get electrical up a lil. Subs wired to 1.3 ohms the amp is prolly pushing around 3500/4000 rms at 14 volts. When electrical drops in the the low 13s you might see a little over 3000 rms and even less when it gets to the 12s. This is all assuming no box rise, and we all know thats not true. As the saying goes gotta have power to make power. 

5 minutes ago, Marchant89 said:

Think I’m going to add another battery soon I was thinking even dipping at all will affect wattage 

Have you clamped since you put in the third sub? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

There’s could be a lot of factors to why you might not getting louder then 147.. try a bigger amp…better electrical  tune higher… port towards driver side… a few that might help get higher higher spl  is trial and error a lot of the time

Hi @Marchant89 Not sure if this will help but just thought I'd share my numbers. I think the numbers you're hitting are already pretty good. 

I have an envoy with four 15" Fi btl 4's with two crescendo 6ks and 4 xs power d 3400s from one singer 390 tuned to 33 hz with roughly 3.8 net per sub and my numbers are 

(sealed doors and windows with spl mini meter v2 on passenger bottom windshield)

137.5 Db @ 20 hz

145.9 Db @ 25 Hz

148.1 Db @ 35 Hz

150.1 Db @ 40 Hz

150.5 Db at 45 Hz

All of these numbers raise by about 2 Db when I open the driver's door

I would say your system is already more efficient than mine with half power and less cone area. 

Let me know if you do hit 150 Db Cuz then I'll need advice from you!

I haven't attempted any of these but perhaps this will help your endeavors if you haven't stumbled across this already

I can add or send you photos of my build but the attachments seem large on this forum and I didn't want to clog up your thread.

Almost forgot those numbers are after i inverted the subs to try to raise my box size. I did not test numbers before but it sounded louder by ear after i inverted them. Placebo?

I put 4 tennis balls between my bed and my cab to stop the back of the cab flexing so much and rattling. IDK if you will get higher SPL from that, but you will get less rattle. Logically, the SPL would go up because every time your panels flex out and in, that means the energy was lost doing so. It's probably not much, though? Maybe not even noticeable on the meter. 

JacobViral had a cool build a while ago trying to get 150dB out of a single 10, then a single 12 in a huge ratio 4th order band pass. He went to extreme lengths for the deebeez. You may be able to pick up some interesting SPL pointers from his videos and what he did, but probably not a ton that's applicable to a daily. He went extreme

Archived