Back getting another system going. I've gotten rid of the 2 previous cars and some of the equipment. Going to be a nice little daily driver build. Hoping for close to 150 db but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I don't.  The expansion plan is more powerful amps and better electrical as I feel i'll be underpowered for these after impedance rise.

I'm going to use the stock headunit because I'm using Helix DSP with High level input (I want to keep some of the headunit's features).

Subwoofer: Single 18" - Fi Neo 4.11 with all the upgrades.

Sub Box - 6.25 Cubic Ft. Tuned to 32hz. Port Area 15.5 sq in per cube (96 sq inches).

Sub Amplifiers: Hertz HP 3001 x 2 (1 per voice coil). Amp Rack and distribution are mocked up and will add additional photos once installed.

Front Stage speakers - Focal 3 way 165 AS3.

Front Stage Amps - Helix G Four x 2 - One running mid bass and the other for tweet and mid.

EQ: Helix DSP Pro. Helix Director for changing EQ set ups.

Speaker Pods in the A-Pillar for Tweeter and Mid Range - Photos to come once installed.

Alternator - Stock for the short term. 150 amp.

Batteries - Engine bay 60 ah, Rear batteriers 100ah x 2.

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3300.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, pnutz37 said:

Back getting another system going. I've gotten rid of the 2 previous cars and some of the equipment. Going to be a nice little daily driver build. Hoping for close to 150 db but it wouldn't be the end of the world if I don't.  The expansion plan is more powerful amps and better electrical as I feel i'll be underpowered for these after impedance rise.

I'm going to use the stock headunit because I'm using Helix DSP with High level input (I want to keep some of the headunit's features).

Subwoofer: Single 18" - Fi Neo 4.11 with all the upgrades.

Sub Box - 6.25 Cubic Ft. Tuned to 32hz. Port Area 15.5 sq in per cube (96 sq inches).

Sub Amplifiers: Hertz HP 3001 x 2 (1 per voice coil). Amp Rack and distribution are mocked up and will add additional photos once installed.

Front Stage speakers - Focal 3 way 165 AS3.

Front Stage Amps - Helix G Four x 2 - One running mid bass and the other for tweet and mid.

EQ: Helix DSP Pro. Helix Director for changing EQ set ups.

Speaker Pods in the A-Pillar for Tweeter and Mid Range - Photos to come once installed.

Alternator - Stock for the short term. 150 amp.

Batteries - Engine bay 60 ah, Rear batteriers 100ah x 2.

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3300.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

I like it

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

Nice build!

2018 golf R here and going for more of an SQ stealth build. Using the line outputs from the radio into DSP, you will then use the DSP remote as volume? I have heard that when you change the volume with OEM volume knob (or steering wheel), it changes the frequency settings and the DSP tuning goes out the window. 

I am using a Zapco DSP with high level inputs on my end - debating eventually going with a pricey NavTV module to puck up the MOST signal (my R has the fender premium audio) to get a clean signal and also retain OEM volume control without affecting my tuning. I can live with the volume control from DSP knob for now until I get everything working and tested, we shall see after that. 

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

37 minutes ago, BboyTaktix said:

Nice build!

2018 golf R here and going for more of an SQ stealth build. Using the line outputs from the radio into DSP, you will then use the DSP remote as volume? I have heard that when you change the volume with OEM volume knob (or steering wheel), it changes the frequency settings and the DSP tuning goes out the window. 

I am using a Zapco DSP with high level inputs on my end - debating eventually going with a pricey NavTV module to puck up the MOST signal (my R has the fender premium audio) to get a clean signal and also retain OEM volume control without affecting my tuning. I can live with the volume control from DSP knob for now until I get everything working and tested, we shall see after that. 

I have previously ran a dsp and stock headunit in a Yaris and never had an issue with the tuning changing. No steering controls but I always used the DSP for volume. It's a different car and manufacturer so who knows. I think we plan on keeping the stock volume on the high (checking the signal for clipping obviously). Once that's set I'll set up my DSP. I'm assuming that this will work so the headunit is not compensating for it's eq. If not I'll get an aftermarket deck and run RCA's. I like some of the VW features on the headunit so I wanted to keep them as much as I can.

9 hours ago, BboyTaktix said:

Nice build!

I have a 21 Passat R and have to get the Nav-Tv unit (two shops told me before I believed them haha), putting my car in the shop next Wednesday to let them install it for warranty purposes. Ive installed everything else in my car and was pissed after finding out I couldnt just use my AudioControl DSP to get proper signal from the factory amp/hu.

I havent heard of the volume issue from either shop Ive talked to but Ill ask on next week to see what they say. I did look at the VW Forum and found a couple posts from people with Fender Audio setups that say if you try to tap in between the factory amp and hu will power up but you wont get sound. 

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

10 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

I have a 21 Passat R and have to get the Nav-Tv unit (two shops told me before I believed them haha), putting my car in the shop next Wednesday to let them install it for warranty purposes. Ive installed everything else in my car and was pissed after finding out I couldnt just use my AudioControl DSP to get proper signal from the factory amp/hu.

I havent heard of the volume issue from either shop Ive talked to but Ill ask on next week to see what they say. I did look at the VW Forum and found a couple posts from people with Fender Audio setups that say if you try to tap in between the factory amp and hu will power up but you wont get sound. 

You don't NEED the NavTV - check out this thread on reprogramming the radio to bypass Fender amp - it's just that I would not want an audio shop reprogramming my car using OBD11 or VCDS since they most likely don't know what they are doing - but looks simple to do for the owner of the vehicle (who are more familiar with OBDeleven and VDCS if they have one of the two) and several in that thread have done it;

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/recoding-the-radio-to-eliminate-fender-amp.341803/

THe main issue I was worried with is after reprogramming and using the high level inputs from the radio (like a base model) then I would not have control from OEM knob due to the EQ curve changing as volume goes up and down in OEM radio.

If you are opting for the very pricy Nav TV, you won't have any issues and full integration. Hell, for $1k USD, I freaking hope so...

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

55 minutes ago, pnutz37 said:

Got a few more things installed.

Speaker Pods go in Saturday and the finally bit of work will be completed sometime next week. If all goes well, Bass for Christmas!

More photos to follow.

IMG_3368.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

I can't get over how sweet that big ass box looks back there! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived