0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

So @Never Enough Basshas you on the right track, but no, an epicenter will not fix the weird signals coming from the headunit. What you'd need is a quality line out converter like something from the LC line by Audio Control. Then, if you want to add one of those powered systems, it will sound better than your factory sub. 

And I would just completely disconnect the factory sub. If you have that playing the same frequencies as the powered sub, you'll have a terrible time blending everything together to have a flat response. If you can somehow adjust the crossover for the factory sub, then that's different, but I don't think you can. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Thanks for clearing that up I forgot to mention he didn't need that if he adds a new amp I was talking about if the kept the factory 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

1 hour ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Thanks for clearing that up I forgot to mention he didn't need that if he adds a new amp I was talking about if the kept the factory 

It's hard to explain what an Epicenter actually does. One of my coworkers has one in every car he drives and loves them. He says, basically, it gives songs that are recorded with no bass or weak bass, big bass. I feel it has to do more than that though. I've read Epicenters, with certain types of music, can add bass where it doesn't belong and have weird issues with echoing bass in a way....I haven't personally dealt with any of those issues though. I've never owned one

So if I aDD that kicker HS10 I will need a LOC like a lc2i?

8 hours ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Not sure if that factory amp will power that sub or not you would have to look into that part

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

3 hours ago, Daddy_ said:

Yea

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

3 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

It's hard to explain what an Epicenter actually does. One of my coworkers has one in every car he drives and loves them. He says, basically, it gives songs that are recorded with no bass or weak bass, big bass. I feel it has to do more than that though. I've read Epicenters, with certain types of music, can add bass where it doesn't belong and have weird issues with echoing bass in a way....I haven't personally dealt with any of those issues though. I've never owned one

Yea it brings back bass from factory headunits 2 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

2 Sundown U series 12's

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

3 hours ago, Daddy_ said:

You don't absolutely have to use an LOC with that particular powered sub. But it might not be a bad idea. 

The wire harness that comes with it that plugs into the amplifier side, comes with a remote, a power, and RCA cables (what's called a low level input) connected to the plug. The way kicker puts them together, if you clip the RCA plugs off, you can use the wires to integrate into a stock system wiring (called a high level input).

The only problem with using the high level input is that if your stock audio system is in fact sending unbalanced and or "fading" signal to the speakers (in order to not over stress them and protect the crappy paper cones like @Never Enough Basswas saying), then you will still get that through the new, aftermarket subwoofer and you will get less than desired sound. The audio control LOC's will actually "flatten" out the signal, and also get rid of any "fading" signal (happens when you turn up the volume, and the head unit or stock amp will compensate for that by lowering our even muting lower frequencies). 

6 minutes ago, Never Enough Bass said:

Yea it brings back bass from factory headunits 2 

So, if you use a regular LOC that doesn't fix a signal from a high end stock audio system, the Epicenter will fix it? 

I don't recall the Epicenter having any high level inputs... but I want looking that closely either. Does it have that option? Or just RCA ins?

Archived