Second Skin Audio

Sundown Audio Quality

rockness

I've read so many reviews about the quality of sundown, I've seen/heard a bunch of sundown subwoofers in the past year so I finally decided to purchase the new sundown 15xv3 today. Once I got home I opened the box and come to find the horrendous glue job. I guess sundown is ok selling this kind of product now? mass produced in china so no one is looking at the final product before it's put in the box and ready to sell. It's probably not a big deal to anyone else and probably won't affect the sound but who knows what could happen to this subwoofer down the road and what else kind of deficiencies this subwoofer might have. Anyone else with a bad glue job or any other type of visual deficiency? Bought at a local Honolulu dealer and told me no warranty! I've emailed sundown and just waiting for a response.

IMG_6776 copy.jpg

IMG_6783 copy.jpg

IMG_6786 copy.jpg

Take the gasket off and confirm the driver has never been mounted

Appearance of the mounting holes almost looks like it was a recone

Edit: I'll also add... No warranty? Something ain't right here chief

image.png

I’m willing to bet that dealer got that from the Sundown yard sale , that’s the stuff they put on there or he tried to recone it himself. That is differently not Sundown quality been buying Sundown for over 12yrs and never had stuff like that. I’ve even bought yard sale subs that weren’t that bad of a glue job .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

1 hour ago, Ron36 said:

I’m willing to bet that dealer got that from the Sundown yard sale , that’s the stuff they put on there or he tried to recone it himself. That is differently not Sundown quality been buying Sundown for over 12yrs and never had stuff like that. I’ve even bought yard sale subs that weren’t that bad of a glue job .

I highly doubt he bought that sub from an authorized dealer. Hence the no warrantee. Bought a bunch of yard sale stuff, then selling it as new equipment. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Thats 100% not the glue that they use on dustcaps.
Also the way the surround is unevenly pulled away from the basket edges is rather jank

So this was apparently rebuilt by someone with very little experience in building woofers.
This is not Sundown quality and something like this wouldnt be sold as new.
Your audio dealer is trying to play you for a fool, so I would throw this threw his shop window and put a gun to his head and tell him to give back your money.

• 3 weeks later...

That's 100% reconed...Poorly I might add...You need to get a refund bro and spread word about their shady ass tactics 

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived