Second Skin Audio

Needing a 4th order design

Ferguson621

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This data is preliminary:

Rear chamber net = 11 cuft.

Front chamber net  = 12.75 - 0.44 = 12.31 cuft.

Front chamber tuning:  due to the wall placed in front of the port, the port tuning may be lower than predicted.

A port 11x25 in area (275 sqin), 10.5 in length would tune you to 45Hz  18.5 m/s @8Krms again this is theoretical ignoring the issue above.

I think you should do a removable port so that it can be exchanged as necessary, I gave you a smaller port area  of 25x11 to prevent the port to be longer, the 275 square inches are enough, but again that wall near the port could lower tuning so you build a test port  and see how it tunes, if it's off you try a different length.

Oh ok gotcha.....I thought you were implying that 275 was to much lol....so change the port to 25x11

And as far as the airspace for each side, is it ok? Or should I shrink the sealed side a little? 

I was aiming for 7 cubes net on the sealed side, and I figured the rest would be enough on the ported side.

So currently the airspace they're in is ok? Not to much on the sealed side?

And also, what's the ported side tuned to right now just so I know for reference 

I was thinking of this fix, the modified (preliminary) box specs would be:

Rear chamber net = 8.2 cuft.

Front chamber net  = 15.2 - 0.44 = 14.76 cuft.

Front chamber tuning: 45Hz, 11x28, 7.5 deep 308 square inches of port area:

Subs would need to be mounted normal since the front chamber is now at the bottom. The wall in front of the port becomes a brace.

Archived