Tuning with volt meter

I’ve don’t some research and watched tons of videos on tuning with a volt meter because I don’t own a o scope. My questions is, when I set the EQ can I turn the bass on my door speakers all the way down like I would want them. Or does it have to be at the default EQ

If your head unit EQ only effects door speakers and not RCA output then yeah. Buy yourself a scope though, if you're that concerned. They are really inexpensive now and there are plenty that are plenty good under $100. I think there's not really a way to accurately tune with just a volt meter... it won't tell you whether your waves are coming out cleanly. Just my opinion though since I tend to tune by ear and my shit is probably distorting lol

14 minutes ago, CFD said:

If your head unit EQ only effects door speakers and not RCA output then yeah. Buy yourself a scope though, if you're that concerned. They are really inexpensive now and there are plenty that are plenty good under $100. I think there's not really a way to accurately tune with just a volt meter... it won't tell you whether your waves are coming out cleanly. Just my opinion though since I tend to tune by ear and my shit is probably distorting lol

Okay. Thanks for your help man. Your right I should just buy one and do it the right way. Appreciate the help 

Archived