Second Skin Audio

Upgrading from 8's to 10's

Champion31337

Hey guys, it's been a while since this thread.  I've been playing around with this sketch provided.

I also ran into someone selling a box on fb marketplace that was built for my exact truck.  Due to him being in California and I in Ohio I begged him to simply give me the dimensions lol he said the box was in his garage and not easy to get to to get measurements.  We did have a good conversation though.  The box was built for 3 level 2 10's DC audio.  He said 3 level 4's would not fit due to magnet size but it could be slightly redesigned for su hours fitment.

I'm waking this thread back up to ask a very easy but in depth question I've longed for for as long as I can remember.

Can someone point me in the direction to any and all the formulas needed to build all these enclosures I see people making?  I got winISD but I just see how it allows the input of variables and makes calculations with provided variables as far as cubic feet/inches for box and ports but I'm looking for formulas to aid in the construction of the box.  Providing measurements for very unique and creative ports such as even combining slot with round.  So here's an idea for an example what I'd love to build...

https://www.gatelyaudio.com/products/4-x-8-ford-crewcab

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid to tell you my 4 - 8" subwoofer meter. 148.9 @ 31 hz. with 4 VFL 8's on a Sundown SIA3500. 4 8's can get loud and still bang low. I wouldn't combine different kinds of ports. To really compete with a crew cab you might have to delete the backseat or go with a blow through. 

20211116_224917.jpg

Archived