Second Skin Audio

Can one tune a box to low?

52 minutes ago, BassHeadBlakeYo said:

I just went out to my suv and messured it, and its 8.5"s

So then it's 42 Hz with the Audiopipe sub installed. Quite frankly useless for anything low tuned like rap. You do have to rebuild, and it's a shame you are going for a 12" as you have space for a 15", for such larger vehicle I wouldn't go for less.

1 hour ago, Joe X said:

So then it's 42 Hz with the Audiopipe sub installed. Quite frankly useless for anything low tuned like rap. You do have to rebuild, and it's a shame you are going for a 12" as you have space for a 15", for such larger vehicle I wouldn't go for less.

yes, I could of told you guys this all along.
but you guy pretty much answered my question( can one tune a box too low)

To avoid you getting yourself into rebuilding different boxes to test what tuning you like best, I would suggest you to close the slot port in your current box and install a 6" PVC pipe to use as port and test different lengths to try different tunings (and port firing directions) until you find what you are looking for and with that information you can rebuild your new box.

On 1/2/2022 at 9:20 PM, Joe X said:

To avoid you getting yourself into rebuilding different boxes to test what tuning you like best, I would suggest you to close the slot port in your current box and install a 6" PVC pipe to use as port and test different lengths to try different tunings (and port firing directions) until you find what you are looking for and with that information you can rebuild your new box.

This is what I went with, I really like it

still need to brace it up, but hey, I enjoy it!

IMG_20220104_124157.jpg

new skar box.PNG

Archived