Underpowered/ Weak sub?

I will agree with you on having a box designed no argument there. And I've never had a sealed box and was like hmmmm i might like this. The other major problem is the box is built to exactly 1.75 Cubes as skar recommends. But i was so in the moment i forgot to account for the sub displacement. Which is why its around 1.5 now. I'm going to retune tomorrow with a -5 and -10 DB tone and see what i come up with. I read the photo you sent. I've been tuning a little below the clipping line to be "safe" but i guess if you think about it as long as you aren't driving around playing a test tone for 30 min and having it clip the entire time I should be good right? I also did some research on the LPF and SSF so I'm going to adjust those tomorrow as well. Thanks for your help man.

Just now, molly4lyfe said:

I will agree with you on having a box designed no argument there. And I've never had a sealed box and was like hmmmm i might like this. The other major problem is the box is built to exactly 1.75 Cubes as skar recommends. But i was so in the moment i forgot to account for the sub displacement. Which is why its around 1.5 now. I'm going to retune tomorrow with a -5 and -10 DB tone and see what i come up with. I read the photo you sent. I've been tuning a little below the clipping line to be "safe" but i guess if you think about it as long as you aren't driving around playing a test tone for 30 min and having it clip the entire time I should be good right? I also did some research on the LPF and SSF so I'm going to adjust those tomorrow as well. Thanks for your help man.

Here's what modeling shows for your sub between a 1.5 cuft sealed (yellow plot) and a 2 cuft @ 32 Hz enclosure (orange plot):

evl12.png

It's a lot of output lost using sealed in this case.

8 minutes ago, Joe X said:

Here's what modeling shows for your sub between a 1.5 cuft sealed (yellow plot) and a 2 cuft @ 32 Hz enclosure (orange plot):

evl12.png

It's a lot of output lost using sealed in this case.

Damn, I knew sealed wasn't as loud but that's a pretty big difference. I appreciate you showing me that! You live and you learn!! I think this will be my last sealed box lol. But that's okay, just happy to be learning some new things!!

Archived