Second Skin Audio

American Bass XR 12 in Sealed Box

Sn0oterz

Has anyone put this in a sealed box, im looking to push one D4 at 1ohm with 2000watt amp.

I saw a sealed box for my camaro i want to use, Volume: 1.5 cu.ft (sealed)

spacer.png

Anyone give some insight on a sealed box also will the 2000watt amp be suffient for this XR 12

RMS/MAX Power : 1000W/2000W

I don't know about the sealed box vs ported box for that specific sub, but if you get a single D4, you can't wire it down to 1 ohm. Only down to 2 ohms or up to 8. You'll have to get the D2 in order to wire a single subwoofer down to 1 ohm. 

A 2000 watt amp will be more than sufficient for that sub. But be careful, sensing that power to that sub with any clipping, sooner or later it will fail. Any ideas what brand? 

Before you start spending money on audio equipment, do you have any plans for electrical upgrades? Your camero's stock electrical probably isn't going to be able to keep up with 2000ish watts. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Thanks for the reply, my mistake i meant D2 wired down to 1ohm correct. I wanted to pair the American Bass XR-12 D2 with a Audiopipe APMN-2000 RMS Class D Monoblock. My plan was to just give it a try, maybe add a capacitor to help with the load. I want decent sounding bass, i am not intrested in very loud, just want decently loud and really good low low lows

I don't really know what to do, im really new, do you think im better off the skar package,

comes with everything.

Skar Audio RP-1500.1D amp

A 12 inch EVL series that does

• Peak Power: 2,500 Watts
  • RMS Power: 1,250 Watts

I just want to add nice low bass in my car.

Maybe add in parrallel with my battery a

Kinetik HC600 BLU Series 600-Watt 12-Volt High Current AGM Car Audio Power Cell Battery

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Sn0oterz said:

Has anyone put this in a sealed box, im looking to push one D4 at 1ohm with 2000watt amp.

I saw a sealed box for my camaro i want to use, Volume: 1.5 cu.ft (sealed)

spacer.png

Anyone give some insight on a sealed box also will the 2000watt amp be suffient for this XR 12

RMS/MAX Power : 1000W/2000W

Sealed is an awesome enclosure type, provides the best sound quality possible but it's inefficient and hence silent for the watts you deliver to it, hard to find someone that did not regret going sealed sooner or later, the deep, deep lows come in the from of a 2.25 net @ 32Hz ported enclosure. That said the driver can work in sealed.

Just my opinion, but ditch the cap. Batteries are far superior. 

That Skar package is probably more suited to how much electrical support you're planning. Look up on YouTube how to do the big 3 upgrade. That will help will being able to handle that much power, and a second battery wouldn't be a bad idea either. 

As far as how it sounds, well, sound quality is very subjective. I don't know if that Skar sub will sound good to you. Or even that American Bass for that matter. Either sub will work in a sealed enclosure, but I can't tell you if you're going to be happy with the sound reproduced. But I will say this, looking at the t/s parameters of each sub, I think I would go with the Skar. That's just my opinion though. 

2 hours ago, Sn0oterz said:

Thank you so much for the reply, going to probably go with the skar package, get my feet in the door before i start rigging my own setup together.

Sounds like s plan! 

Archived