Second Skin Audio

Trying to design own box an not 100% sure

Zim819

I’m trying to design a box for my two 15 Incriminator audio lethal injections. I’ve designed the box on sub box pro and modeled it on winisd. To be honest I’m not 100% sure what all I’m looking for. 
my -f3 is 28.61 hz  

My rear port air velocity is between 18 and 19. Ideal is below 18? 

I’m wanting to make sure everything’s ok before I start building boxes.

My plan is to build two single boxes and stack them and glue them together like one big box. I’ve kept everything for the box with in factory specs of recommended and maximum. 

This will be in my daily driver. 

Any direction or advice would be much appreciated 

Subwoofer box 1/13/22 2nd try

Color change:

I’m trying to design a box for my two 15 Incriminator audio lethal injections. I’ve designed the box on sub box pro and modeled it on winisd. To be honest I’m not 100% sure what all I’m looking for.
my -f3 is 28.61 hz  
My rear port air velocity is between 18 and 19. Ideal is below 18?

I’m wanting to make sure everything’s ok before I start building boxes.

My plan is to build two single boxes and stack them and glue them together like one big box. I’ve kept everything for the box with in factory specs of recommended and maximum.

This will be in my daily driver.

Any direction or advice would be much appreciated

I tried copying and pasting the manufacture info but it wouldn’t save. 
it’ll be in 2011 ford e250 which is my work/personal vehicle. 
Id like to do two separate boxes and join them as one. Because I’d like to have my port in the center, instead of one side or the other. I plan to have the box between the two front seats standing up the the front of my cab. like in the picture. 
I already know the port looks like crap in the picture. I rushed. It was a learning lesson. 
I’m just wanting to make sure the box and design are good and not going to damage my subs. 

6F15F445-A740-4290-B20E-89FD899CC6F4.jpeg

5 hours ago, Zim819 said:

I tried copying and pasting the manufacture info but it wouldn’t save. 
it’ll be in 2011 ford e250 which is my work/personal vehicle. 
Id like to do two separate boxes and join them as one. Because I’d like to have my port in the center, instead of one side or the other. I plan to have the box between the two front seats standing up the the front of my cab. like in the picture. 
I already know the port looks like crap in the picture. I rushed. It was a learning lesson. 
I’m just wanting to make sure the box and design are good and not going to damage my subs. 

As long as your power and subsonic filter are set to reasonable levels and there is no clipping, it's hard to damage your subs in a manufacturer suggested box spec so that should not concern you that much.

Besides the obvious lack of port area of the box in the pic, in a van likely the only way of getting loud is to build a wall behind the first seat row, otherwise you will get mediocre results.

Ok thank you. Yes everything will be set correctly. I will be purchasing an oscilloscope to set my gains and make sure there’s no clipping. 

I thought about a wall, but honestly unsure.  I had madea post before about joining boxes and having a common center port. 
I had designed a couple cabinets on sub box pro. But unsure if there quality. or if there correct. 

https://subbox.pro/en/b/8jJY3JVh3

https://subbox.pro/en/b/JYQ2KUuYP

Archived