Best amp for component sets

16Jetta18Sub

Hello was looking for some opinions. Any would be greatly appreciated. Upgrading system in my 2016 vw jetta. Purchased 2 sets of the Rockford Fosgate T2652-s component sets and both sets will be hooked up to a Sundown Audio Salt-200.4. Having said that each speaker will receive 100 watts rms. I'm sure the 6.5 mids can take it but my question is will those tweeters be able to handle that power without question. I believe they are rated at 75 watts but don't quote me on that. Or should I can I swap those tweeters out with better ones still hooking up the better and bigger tweeters to that component set wiring to those crossovers that the 6.5 mids will be hooked up to? Thank you very much for your time!

Yes it is a 4 channel amp 200w per channel so I assume each mid and tweeter will get every bit of 100w. Don't mean to sound like an idiot but I'm fairly new to the whole car audio world and not sure what you mean by passive. Are you referring to how I'm wiring the set to the amp? 1 Mid to crossover 1 tweet to crossover then a pos and a neg to 1 channel. Times 4 of course. Oh and its all 4ohm. 

I can upgrade the tweeters to the component set correct and get the same yet better results?

I've never ran, nor seen the comp sets, but I will assume they are (wired to the xover net work they come with) will be a 4ohm, NOMINAL, load. With music, which is dynamic, wired at a 4 ohm load, with 2 drivers reacting (ohm load changes), doubtful you see the power you are thinking you will. Its not that the salt4 isnt powerful, it is, for a mid/tweet application. If i was you, id run as is, but be hella, HELLA,  careful of the frequencies your sending to the tweets. That will be your down fall,.if any, over power. 

I used a T1000.4ad, separate channels, at a 2 ohm nominal, on 2 tweets and two mids. And ran them like that for almost 2 years. 

How are you cutting each driver? (Pass band, or, cut offs) using just the amp? Then id start off very very easy, on the tweets. Cut them (high pass) very high, and drop down, if you feel ok about it.  Make any sense my guy?.?

Archived