Electrical to run 7000watts

6 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

With AGM's, unless your planning on going at up there, like 18+ volts on purpose, you're fine grabbing any. Just make sure they have the highest amp hour (ah) rating you can get. 

No bass in your car? Shit, I haven't really been able to drive my truck much in 2 years because I don't even have door panels 🤣. Hopefully we both get slapping soon! 

Ok gotcha and I won’t have to worry about my car catching on fire with agms too! Might have to get those skinny ones because the fat ones will def not fit in my trunk with the giant box I’ll be putting in! 🤣 actually today I drove 40 minutes to this car audio shop and learned a town from the owner!! Super cool guy and told me some crazy ideas… he gave me a demo in his daily driver that had 2 18s on 5k doing a 49.9!! That thing moved some air holy shit. His box was also fiberglass with all kinds of curves, it was really unique. Got a new 12 today cause my old one blew so I could have some bass and the owner sold me this lil agm battery I hooked up and bam!! No more voltage drop. Gettin my confidence up that I can complete this big system after doing that haha. We will be bumpin one day!! Car audio really is a lot of work. Lot goes into it man. Can be quite frustrating at times too but damn is it addicting 

37 minutes ago, Mattc43 said:

Ok gotcha and I won’t have to worry about my car catching on fire with agms too! Might have to get those skinny ones because the fat ones will def not fit in my trunk with the giant box I’ll be putting in! 🤣 actually today I drove 40 minutes to this car audio shop and learned a town from the owner!! Super cool guy and told me some crazy ideas… he gave me a demo in his daily driver that had 2 18s on 5k doing a 49.9!! That thing moved some air holy shit. His box was also fiberglass with all kinds of curves, it was really unique. Got a new 12 today cause my old one blew so I could have some bass and the owner sold me this lil agm battery I hooked up and bam!! No more voltage drop. Gettin my confidence up that I can complete this big system after doing that haha. We will be bumpin one day!! Car audio really is a lot of work. Lot goes into it man. Can be quite frustrating at times too but damn is it addicting 

Nice! 

I'm sure you can do it man. Just take your time. YouTube has been a huge help to me as well. A lot of good videos from beginner to damn near expert level. Being able to actually watch someone do it is way easier for me than to have someone explain it. 

Just one step at a time. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

1 hour ago, Dafaseles said:

Nice! 

I'm sure you can do it man. Just take your time. YouTube has been a huge help to me as well. A lot of good videos from beginner to damn near expert level. Being able to actually watch someone do it is way easier for me than to have someone explain it. 

Just one step at a time. 

Yeah I think I’ll get it! Thanks man! Just ready for louder. This new 12 I got is just as loud as my old one but the SQ is slightly better. Need to get these two 15s in and get louder 🤟🏻

1 hour ago, Mattc43 said:

Yeah I think I’ll get it! Thanks man! Just ready for louder. This new 12 I got is just as loud as my old one but the SQ is slightly better. Need to get these two 15s in and get louder 🤟🏻

What 12" did you end up getting and what's powering it? 

11 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

What 12" did you end up getting and what's powering it? 

I bought a American bass xr12d2 and it’s on an audiopipe 1500. I also added a small agm battery in the back and it’s helped with my voltage dropping. It’s a solid lil sub, didn’t want to spend much cause I will be selling the entire box and sub soon but it’s literally there just to hold me over until I get my 2 x15s in lol. Can’t stand not having bass in my car. I’m itching to get louder badly though lol that one 12 doesn’t impress me anymore. How is your system coming along?? 4 12s in a blow through if I remember right, correct?? 

2 hours ago, Mattc43 said:

I bought a American bass xr12d2 and it’s on an audiopipe 1500. I also added a small agm battery in the back and it’s helped with my voltage dropping. It’s a solid lil sub, didn’t want to spend much cause I will be selling the entire box and sub soon but it’s literally there just to hold me over until I get my 2 x15s in lol. Can’t stand not having bass in my car. I’m itching to get louder badly though lol that one 12 doesn’t impress me anymore. How is your system coming along?? 4 12s in a blow through if I remember right, correct?? 

That's right. It's coming along very slowly. Finding time to actually get some work done is the most challenging part. I think...I hope.... I'm almost done with the doors. 

1 hour ago, Dafaseles said:

That's right. It's coming along very slowly. Finding time to actually get some work done is the most challenging part. I think...I hope.... I'm almost done with the doors. 

I bet the doors are the hardest part. It’s hard to find time myself too plus with how cold it is here it makes things very tough. The doors look nice tho!

2 hours ago, Mattc43 said:

I bet the doors are the hardest part. It’s hard to find time myself too plus with how cold it is here it makes things very tough. The doors look nice tho!

The doors are the hardest because 1- I've never done any kind of custom door panels before, and my first ones ever of course have to be these crazy things 2- I should have done 3 8's or 3 6.5's and 3 car audio tweeters. Not 4 8's and these crazy home audio tweeters. I don't have the room, though I'm going to make it work. And 3- I didn't have the right tools for the job in the beginning. I have since gotten the right tools, and it's been very, VERY game changing. 

Thank you for checking them out. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

2 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

The doors are the hardest because 1- I've never done any kind of custom door panels before, and my first ones ever of course have to be these crazy things 2- I should have done 3 8's or 3 6.5's and 3 car audio tweeters. Not 4 8's and these crazy home audio tweeters. I don't have the room, though I'm going to make it work. And 3- I didn't have the right tools for the job in the beginning. I have since gotten the right tools, and it's been very, VERY game changing. 

Thank you for checking them out. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

You’re gettin close!! Really though having the right tools helps a lot. Too late now to stop tho even though you realized you went with too many 🤣 I am kind of regretting the system I want to make now. The box is massive and the doors are gonna stress me out too but I think I’ll be happy with it when I’m done. Subs will be easy once you finish those doors!! Lots of room to work with

1 hour ago, Mattc43 said:

You’re gettin close!! Really though having the right tools helps a lot. Too late now to stop tho even though you realized you went with too many 🤣 I am kind of regretting the system I want to make now. The box is massive and the doors are gonna stress me out too but I think I’ll be happy with it when I’m done. Subs will be easy once you finish those doors!! Lots of room to work with

Oh yeah.... but, working on it for the last 4 hours, I broke a piece of my door 🤣 I spent that while time remaking it. Still not finished. 

Archived